• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Flew 4 flights on the vyper bipe. Got all the coupling mixed out of it. By far my favorite airplane now. So much so that I may sell my 48 edge. Bipe just does it all.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Wow, what a fun day of flying! One of my friends has a 42 slick that was crashed, repaired(a bit heavier now), and has a bigger motor, and we flew it with the intentions of making rc confetti! We flew 3s until we didn't have batteries, then messed with 4s, doing full throttle blenders pulling out as low as we could. After my 2nd blender on 4s I ejected the battery and canopy, stripped the elevator servo(was about 8 degrees off center on one side and maybe 3 on the other), broke both elevator counter balances(one just hanging by the covering), and pulled the elevator servo clean out of the fuse. We couldn't find the canopy or battery, but after about 10 mins we got the plane back in the air after some recovering and CA. We then decided we needed to do a wingtip touch, and after a few attempts passed the radio to me, and I manged to bring it down, and get both the elevator and wing, and flew it out, with one elevator flapping in the breeze. Here's the aftermath
slick.jpg
We're gonna meet up again next weekend, and se what else we can manage to do with it. Any suggestions? There's video of some of the blenders, will post it when it gets posted on facebook

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wow, what a fun day of flying! One of my friends has a 42 slick that was crashed, repaired(a bit heavier now), and has a bigger motor, and we flew it with the intentions of making rc confetti! We flew 3s until we didn't have batteries, then messed with 4s, doing full throttle blenders pulling out as low as we could. After my 2nd blender on 4s I ejected the battery and canopy, stripped the elevator servo(was about 8 degrees off center on one side and maybe 3 on the other), broke both elevator counter balances(one just hanging by the covering), and pulled the elevator servo clean out of the fuse. We couldn't find the canopy or battery, but after about 10 mins we got the plane back in the air after some recovering and CA. We then decided we needed to do a wingtip touch, and after a few attempts passed the radio to me, and I manged to bring it down, and get both the elevator and wing, and flew it out, with one elevator flapping in the breeze. Here's the aftermath
View attachment 12011
We're gonna meet up again next weekend, and se what else we can manage to do with it. Any suggestions? There's video of some of the blenders, will post it when it gets posted on facebook

I think Arron Bates proved it takes 5s full throttle downline to parachute, in order to break the wing tube. (NJ FLI)

Good luck!

jmart95

70cc twin V2
I think Arron Bates proved it takes 5s full throttle downline to parachute, in order to break the wing tube. (NJ FLI)

Good luck!

We'll figure something out. Next week we're gonna do a lowest crank contest with it I think...

quadracer

100cc
I went to IRCHA today. Jesus H Christ, watching the likes of Nick Maxwell, Kyle Dahl, and Kyle Stacy lay it all out in The One competition was NUTS!

quadracer

100cc
View attachment 12011

I guess all that's left is, EXPLOSIVES!!!!!! :D