• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
View attachment 24953 I did my lowest crankshaft to date... problem was that the throttle servo block broke loose and killed the engine. There was just not quite enough altitude to make it back to the runway.

Sorry Nate but we all know they don't last forever. Not crashin, not tryin! The next crankshaft with it will be lower and pull away like a champ!

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
I entered Horizon's latest contest. Weiner gets a trip for two to the grand finale of the 2014 Reno Air Races. The two runner ups get the new Sukhoi r/c. As much as it'd be fun to cross a bucket lust item off, being a runner up is not a bad thing.

If you vote for me I'll vote for you. Last day to vote is July 31.

http://a.pgtb.me/G8lHgG/gm1ZX?w=26210248&e=62278941

If you follow the link it should be the first one. I'm standing with my oldest (backs to the camera) with my AS3Xtra in a hover in front if us. My comment says something along the line of growing up in the hobby with my dad and the smaller planes from E-Flite and ParkZone help me more easily share the hobby with my sons.

That time that your walking out to the flight line.. and carry and Miranda something bad about to happen comes on the radio.. that means it's time to turn around and let someone else fly

For anybody whom followed my 15cc adventure last season, I have a update with the OS GT15. Here is a video from yesterday. More info in thread on it in the gas section.

[video=youtube;dxrgdV7Vh5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxrgdV7Vh5A[/video]

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Worst Race in the History of Amateur Sailboat Racing

Went racing yesterday (NOT), had the worst race ever in the history of races. We usually place pretty decent. Last week we placed 3rd which is not terrible. We have one of the fastest boats on the water (Wavelength 24) and our captain held back a bit at the start… everyone (15 boats or so) were jockeying for a great starting position while we just 20-25 yards from the starting group had NO WIND! None what so ever! Nothing nada, zero, zilch. Start horn goes off and the boats are off….. and there they go…. and go and go and go! We couldn't move more than a foot per minute. I mean it was like watching someone else's race… ha ha I guess that's what it was. Take a look at the picture. This was literally 20 minutes after the start of the race and we still had NO FREAKING WIND. Well, we decided it was miller time… after all it is the beer race.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

20140715_191146.jpg