• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

The EXTRA 300 EXT Build Thread

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I have the answer!
[video=youtube;I5cYgRnfFDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cYgRnfFDA&app=desktop[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

hbollier

70cc twin V2
I have not finalized my selection, Savox and hitec are at the top ofte list, but I might try XQ titanium.

I just started switching out to Savox on a 30cc plane. Let's just say that I'm done with cheap servos. If you go to GiantScaleNews and look up bemeson, he has very good prices. I am looking at the sv 1270 for a 78" EF Extra 300. The torque is way more than required but they only weigh 56g and cost is marginally more than what he recommended for that plane.

Aeroplayin has done a lot of research on 12S power systems on the 70-78" planes and is a wealth of information. I fly my 30cc on a 6S motrolfly 4330 with 2 3700mah packs in parallel. I picked 12S for my next plane to use the same packs in series to eliminate the need for more batteries. I am considering picking up the 206 or 216 4330 and converting my current plane and re winding my current motor.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just started switching out to Savox on a 30cc plane. Let's just say that I'm done with cheap servos. If you go to GiantScaleNews and look up bemeson, he has very good prices. I am looking at the sv 1270 for a 78" EF Extra 300. The torque is way more than required but they only weigh 56g and cost is marginally more than what he recommended for that plane.

Aeroplayin has done a lot of research on 12S power systems on the 70-78" planes and is a wealth of information. I fly my 30cc on a 6S motrolfly 4330 with 2 3700mah packs in parallel. I picked 12S for my next plane to use the same packs in series to eliminate the need for more batteries. I am considering picking up the 206 or 216 4330 and converting my current plane and re winding my current motor.

Great info, and welcome to our Forum!
Some of our Site Sponsors also sell Savox, (including SavoxUSA themselves) and I recommend our members check them out as well:

@aztechaeromodels, [MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION], [MENTION=2715]WrongWayRc[/MENTION], and [MENTION=2685]ibcinyourc[/MENTION] come to mind right away, and possibly a few more.

Our site sponsor list is available here:
http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?157-Site-Sponsors

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Azar at Aztech Aeromodels is good people. We have 6 of the RV8s he sells on his site at my club . Great service.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
What Savox is typically ran in a 72" plane? I like fast servos. I have had a lot of fun with my supper fast SH-257 in my 48's aileron an elevator. The XQ do seem to be better than a lot of "Cheap" servos.