• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Snow in the valley this morning kept me from working. However, it did NOT keep me from doing a couple of flights on the new Twisted Hobbies Edge. My son and I snuck out this afternoon with our Twisted Hobbies foamies. 2 minutes from the house to the huge park down the street gave us ample opportunity to play in the snow, 3D style. Lol.
The 43" Edge lives up to every expectation I had of it. And surpasses the DW 330 by a long shot. Heck, the difference would be like flying an O.S. 40 two stroke 40 size nitro plane and my Behemoth Yak with the 3W 212cs. Just as said by Twisted Hobbies, the 43" Edge flies like Balsa. So not kidding. Harriers are ultra stable, inverted harriers the same. Parachutes are so freaking cool too. Holds a hover at about 3/8th throttle. Mash the gas pedal and it's ballistic missile fast...straight up! I am so impressed, I may get another just cuz. Lol. My son liked it so much, he's decided he now needs one. ALL in all, if any of you are looking for a fun flyer you can toss in the car and fly almost immediately, with no fuss the Twisted Hobbies 43" Edge just might be up your alley.
View attachment 102212

Crack Addict in the making! :yesss:

Now go put some lights on that baby for night time fun.:way_to_go:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Crack Addict in the making! :yesss:

Now go put some lights on that baby for night time fun.:way_to_go:
Oh heck yeah. Lights is the plan. Can't be letting Supa Tim and his clan be the only one havin' fun when the sun goes down.
happy-nodding-smiley-face-emoticon.gif

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I went out flying today! 50 degrees and 5-10 mph winds, but steady and right down the runway! Got 3 rounds of 2018 Basic down and had fun. Sorry no photos too busy flying and trying to warm back up. :cool:
Nice! I got out also later this afternoon. About 5-10 mph here also. The wind sure was the total opposite today from yesterday. We had gusts up to 60! It sure felt good to finally do some flying!

Attachments

• 2018-03-07 17.40.14.jpg
    2018-03-07 17.40.14.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 305

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice! I got out also later this afternoon. About 5-10 mph here also. The wind sure was the total opposite today from yesterday. We had gusts up to 60! It sure felt good to finally do some flying!
Nice looking plane how is it flying for you. Are you enjoying it or still getting use to it.