• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

BalsaDust

It fly's amazing
edge.jpg

thurmma

150cc
Had 55 degrees yesterday, so we did some multiple line IMAC practice. I was flying Advanced and the other pilot was flying Intermediate. The club members that were present really enjoyed seeing us both in the air at the same time, especially the sound of the engines :) Kam Aero with DA 200 and 3DHS 330LX with ZDZ 180.

Attachments

• 20220130_173555.jpg
    20220130_173555.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 133
  • 20220130_173547.jpg
    20220130_173547.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 128

BalsaDust

Some rainy day flying. Didn't know it was gonna rain when I loaded up this morning but had the packs charged so went for it anyways. I can confirm it will fit in the back of a 95 Mustang.

Attachments

• edge-1.jpg
    edge-1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
  • edge-2.jpg
    edge-2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 120
  • edge-3.jpg
    edge-3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
  • edge-4.jpg
    edge-4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Some rainy day flying. Didn't know it was gonna rain when I loaded up this morning but had the packs charged so went for it anyways. I can confirm it will fit in the back of a 95 Mustang.
Nice. I wish it was raining here. Been snowing for 2 straight days instead. :confused??:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Weather in Juneau has been miserable. So went to Oahu, Hawaii to the slopes of Makapuu!!! What a treat it was to fly on a slope with unlimited lift. The paragliders use this spot to launch from and zip down the coastline, rise up and ride the ridge behind to land back on the beach. Way cool.

DammitS from Angelwing designs maidens here and was my favorite to fly. It was quick but could fly in lighter lift as well, the covering I used just really made it pop out there. Super happy with it, curious to see how it does on my local baby slope. This was a very fun kit to build and fly.
676AECD3-03B2-404E-BFF2-97E1E26261E7.jpeg

The DreamFlight Ahi was a blast to fly here, but due to the road behind me I was hesitant to get close to the ground with it
656880D4-AA03-48B8-9130-B25B50094353.jpeg

DreamFlight Alula is hands down the best foamie for variable condition, had to tame the rates a bit for the epic lift, but just a joy to fly.
2597C4DF-A074-47C8-981A-153BF3EABEA2.jpeg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Weather in Juneau has been miserable. So went to Oahu, Hawaii to the slopes of Makapuu!!! What a treat it was to fly on a slope with unlimited lift. The paragliders use this spot to launch from and zip down the coastline, rise up and ride the ridge behind to land back on the beach. Way cool.

DammitS from Angelwing designs maidens here and was my favorite to fly. It was quick but could fly in lighter lift as well, the covering I used just really made it pop out there. Super happy with it, curious to see how it does on my local baby slope. This was a very fun kit to build and fly.
View attachment 119161

The DreamFlight Ahi was a blast to fly here, but due to the road behind me I was hesitant to get close to the ground with it
View attachment 119162

DreamFlight Alula is hands down the best foamie for variable condition, had to tame the rates a bit for the epic lift, but just a joy to fly.
View attachment 119163
That’s awesome brother. How did you transport them?