• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
2 solid flights today... More tomorrow... Did my first torque roll close enough to really hurt if something went wrong. Might have felt a little scared for a second... :epic::mario-banana:
You might have felt just a little scared for just a second. But now you're hooked. You know you just gotta try it again....and again....and again....and......... LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's a Airwild 35% Edge. It's pretty a pretty old composite design, but very little time on the airframe. It's an empty airframe, but the price is certainly right! I just made arrangements to get it from him tomorrow. My first 35%er!
Post some pics.... we wanna see it.:way_to_go:

thurmma

150cc
Went out tonight for a couple of hours. Had to mow the field this morning and then came home to charge batteries and put some right thrust in the Extra. I think I hit the amount of right thrust needed dead on with one 3/16" washer under each left side bolt, right side bolt when looking at the engine from the front. Now when I do an upline it stays straight all the way up instead of walking to the left. Also, when I apply power it stays straight instead of walking to the left :) Happy camper here! Did some large loops and not a bit of rudder needed to correct the line. It ended where it started. Ran through the Basic sequence and with the exception of me applying some aileron while feeding in elevator, it stayed true to the course. This IMAC stuff is a WHOLE LOT easier once you get the plane setup correctly :)

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Well it's about time Kelly. All work and no flying makes for a very dull boy.

Oh awesome. Any good deal is worth taking a little risk on right?

That is cool Paul.... Way to go!!! Git dem boiys hooked. Then ya can spend all your time teachin' them the goooood stuff! LOL
You can take over for me and a few others Paul. You da man! I worked with the SDSM&T Team for quite a few years myself instructing their team members and helping them with their Flying technics'. and getting there engines running. Teaching them the ins and outs of setting the glow engines that the rules of their weight lifting planes were limited to. Keep up the good work Paul. Lyle Larson From California Speed Pro's also worked with them in designing, and flying some of their first composite planes. We have a couple appreciation rewards Presented to us from the team for all the help working with them, and advancing their skills to go out and win. Go Team SDSM&T ,a great bunch of guys

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Went out tonight for a couple of hours. Had to mow the field this morning and then came home to charge batteries and put some right thrust in the Extra. I think I hit the amount of right thrust needed dead on with one 3/16" washer under each left side bolt, right side bolt when looking at the engine from the front. Now when I do an upline it stays straight all the way up instead of walking to the left. Also, when I apply power it stays straight instead of walking to the left :) Happy camper here! Did some large loops and not a bit of rudder needed to correct the line. It ended where it started. Ran through the Basic sequence and with the exception of me applying some aileron while feeding in elevator, it stayed true to the course. This IMAC stuff is a WHOLE LOT easier once you get the plane setup correctly :)
I am going to do the same to my lil Edge. I notice it also walking left on uplines. But then, it doesn't need to be ultra accurate. It's my beater plane. Lol