• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Last night I repaired my rudder for the last time. I will not let my ego take over and do rudder touches anymore! 4 servos and 6 repairs later I really really mean it this time. Really.
I suggest you stay with "tail dunken" at Wenatchee. Much less stressful on the rudder. LOL....Looks great Randy.:way_to_go:

Oh, by the way....thank you for taking the time to give me your input. It helped a bunch.

Spats

100cc
I suggest you stay with "tail dunken" at Wenatchee. Much less stressful on the rudder. LOL....Looks great Randy.:way_to_go:

Oh, by the way....thank you for taking the time to give me your input. It helped a bunch.

Thanks.

No problem. Don't hesitate to call if you have any questions breaking it in:)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry:
When you cut off CAD files, how do you handle the kerf? Does one need to offset the lines to the inside or the outside of the desired part so the finished product is correct? That process is a bit of a mind F**** for me. Any chances you could enlighten me?
thanks,
-Paul

Well, for CNC cut you may or may not have to offset depending on the CAM software. But for my laser, I don't offset anything because my laser is powerful enough that I can cut 1/8" plywood with a .009-.010 kerf with nearly no burn, just a slight tan. Basically a non-issue unless you want parts to have an interference fit which can be offset accordingly.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got my 104 in control with a pilot!:too-cool: Still looking for a rider up front.:concern:

Attachments

• Photo237.jpg
    Photo237.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Photo238.jpg
    Photo238.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 239

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Looking good $4.90! I would go for the terrified passenger look or one that looks like they are about to toss their cookies!

yakken

100cc
Got all the electronics back in. And got the canopy glued up. How do you clamp your canopy.[emoji12]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419388355077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419388355077.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 246
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419388366483.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419388366483.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 279