• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks. My wife of all people bought me the shiny orange filament all by herself as a Christmas present for me. Pretty pleased with how it prints and turns out.
Could make one smaller. Never done this before so I started with an easy/long transition. The first 20mm is pretty much flat just to slip the tire on the tool part way, then created a gentle and curved taper onto the rim. It works it's way on quite easily while pushing one side down at a time. I was afraid it would bunch up a bit and crease if the taper was aggressive. It works so well, I don't see why I couldn't make a smaller one.
V2 fits on without sanding/filing, I may shrink the rim notch a tiny bit or taper it. I like how it just snaps on there right now though. I put some lettering on it to Identify it, but it's a bit small... so might make that bigger and see If I can cure them... Seems like this tool has created some interest after posting in on social media... Might need to make a few more designs for the other sizes If I can have people send me dimensions.
View attachment 117823 View attachment 117824 View attachment 117825
Let me know the sizes you have or need and I will see what I have to see if I can help

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok it is very cold and on a very stringent lockdown so decided to try to design a new winter/ water plane. I have a 80mm ducted fan and 100 amp esc laying around. The plane will be powered by 6s - 5000 mAh pack.
Will be a delta type wing and something like a Polaris body to accommodate the power system and to run in the water and snow. When I have something I will take a picture of the AutoCAD screen.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Making a small amount of progress this is an outline and the proportions look ok. For now it has wing span of 44 and 60 inch’s long.
Any suggestions and help is appreciated.

C973D85B-46AB-4C81-A668-04189374CD88.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
In case you’re interested, David and Jason assembled one at Mike’s hangar and illustrated how easy this model goes together.

Looks good, very interest to see what you think of the plane at the field and how it flies. What size battery does it take.

WMcNabb

150cc
Looks good, very interest to see what you think of the plane at the field and how it flies. What size battery does it take.

I’ll definitely provide a flight report.
Regarding batteries, the manual says 4S to 6S. I have a few 4S 5000s and bought a 6S 5000 yesterday.
Thought I might be able to maiden it tomorrow, but didn’t finish my project today.
Maybe one afternoon next week.

-Rick-

100cc
I bought myself a RCGF stinger 70cc twin for my Vertigo. Yesterday I started it in my driveway for the first time and was shocked how well it started! I loosen the big screw on the carb and pumped a little gas through it till it dripped out. Tighten the screw back up and with three flips with the choke on it did start and die like most motors, choke off and the motor started after three more flips! It sat there and idled at 1040 RPM! Ran it up a few times and it always came back to that idle. Did not touch the needles. Just shocked me how well it did. Did not really check the top end RPM as long as it runs well I'm happy. Can not wait till the weather get better to run this motor some more! We are in lockdown till at least May 20th so will run it some more in the driveway.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I bought myself a RCGF stinger 70cc twin for my Vertigo. Yesterday I started it in my driveway for the first time and was shocked how well it started! I loosen the big screw on the carb and pumped a little gas through it till it dripped out. Tighten the screw back up and with three flips with the choke on it did start and die like most motors, choke off and the motor started after three more flips! It sat there and idled at 1040 RPM! Ran it up a few times and it always came back to that idle. Did not touch the needles. Just shocked me how well it did. Did not really check the top end RPM as long as it runs well I'm happy. Can not wait till the weather get better to run this motor some more! We are in lockdown till at least May 20th so will run it some more in the driveway.
Nice to see it runs well right out of the box. Always gives you a good feeling and makes the first flight that much easier. How sells RCGF Stinger engine in Canada. Four more weeks and then you can go and play with it at the flying field, what field do you fly at.