• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Great job! Thanks Dennis. :way_to_go:

It was very kind of you to sneak into my workshop last night and paint my cowl. You're the best!:lol2:

I might do that this winter if I get bored. For now, I just want to get it in the air before e big freeze. Only thing is, if I paint the humps black, then the fact that the cowl isn't clocked right will really be noticeable.:(

That's that new internet painting procedure, no fuss no smell!!....the bill for the services was emailed also;)

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
I worked on a product label design

DPQE.jpg

After 3 dead-stick trips to the peanut field at Huck-o-ween (if you've never been, this is #2 behind Joe Nall for all time great events. This flight line was bigger than Joe Nall's 3D line) for my Extreme Flight 74" Laser it wouldn't start.

I think I figured out why.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445951995.424159.jpg

Now for the real reason.

That was after the dead sticks. The reason for the dead sticks was the clunk being flung to the front of the tank during a blender.

At the behest of @thelaw I have modified the clunk line to prevent this in the future

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445952201.620000.jpg

BJ Swope

thurmma

150cc
I got the servos, Savox 1283sg's installed in the 330LX wings and horizontals. Soldered the mpx connectors on the wings. Made the extensions for the elevators and started making the extensions for the rudder servos. I say started, because I may still go with a pull/pull setup. The plane is already setup for push/pull. but it required a ton of weight up front and I want to remove the weight if at all possible. Waiting on 2 1283's and 2 1270s for the throttle and choke. This plane will be all Savox servos. If they are half as good as the used 1256tg's I put in the Yak, it should make for a well dialed in ride :)

BalsaDust

image.jpg
image.jpg

Built a wing this morning. Should be making @pawnshopmike all giggly and happy like a school girl when he sees it.

Interesting thing on this build is the wing construction though. In the first pic you can see where a piece of carbon fiber tow is glued to the main spar of the wing. This makes for an incredibly strong wing and once covering is on it it will have no twist at all in it. Also it was designed to not use shear webbing in the wing. Pretty amazing watching others videos of this plane and how much a use it can take.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 43686 View attachment 43687

Built a wing this morning. Should be making @pawnshopmike all giggly and happy like a school girl when he sees it.

Interesting thing on this build is the wing construction though. In the first pic you can see where a piece of carbon fiber tow is glued to the main spar of the wing. This makes for an incredibly strong wing and once covering is on it it will have no twist at all in it. Also it was designed to not use shear webbing in the wing. Pretty amazing watching others videos of this plane and how much a use it can take.