• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
View attachment 43686 View attachment 43687

Built a wing this morning. Should be making @pawnshopmike all giggly and happy like a school girl when he sees it.

Interesting thing on this build is the wing construction though. In the first pic you can see where a piece of carbon fiber tow is glued to the main spar of the wing. This makes for an incredibly strong wing and once covering is on it it will have no twist at all in it. Also it was designed to not use shear webbing in the wing. Pretty amazing watching others videos of this plane and how much a use it can take.

Hurry up and get that thing done....I want to get my grubby mitts on it....I'll test it out ;)

BalsaDust

Hey mike can you post or email me the specs on your electric motor again. I cant find the email with the info from before and I never cut the opening for it so I need to know how much it needs to be opened up. Thanks

BalsaDust

image.jpg

Not much time this morning. Only managed to get a stab and an elevator built.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Hey mike can you post or email me the specs on your electric motor again. I cant find the email with the info from before and I never cut the opening for it so I need to know how much it needs to be opened up. Thanks
Sorry Chris,
I just saw this post. I'll dig up that info for you.