• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry, Very nice1
Do you design the thrust into the build or use stand off for the thrust.

I always design in it, I went with 2.5* which was what I used on my last 42% build. There is always a little bit of throttle to rudder mix with the huge props but that's no big deal.

BalsaDust

That looks AMAZING Chris! Mikey likes it. Mikey likes it a LOT!!!:yesss:

And no hurry bro.:way_to_go:

Only thing I will say to watch out for once you get it. A probro buddy said he did a plane with that same purple and white and said it became difficult to see when it got close to dusk and in certain daytime conditions. So be careful and keep it close the first few flights until your used to it.

Oh and for my first time using Ultracote I am in love. Very similar to the hobby king and value hobbies stuff I normally use but takes a bit more heat but not the kind of heat monocote needs. Really digging it.

Spats

100cc
I always design in it, I went with 2.5* which was what I used on my last 42% build. There is always a little bit of throttle to rudder mix with the huge props but that's no big deal.

I agree. think that's perfect. Some planes have to much IMO. I would rather do a mix on the throttle stick then have it always pull in a harrier.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Only thing I will say to watch out for once you get it. A probro buddy said he did a plane with that same purple and white and said it became difficult to see when it got close to dusk and in certain daytime conditions. So be careful and keep it close the first few flights until your used to it.

Oh and for my first time using Ultracote I am in love. Very similar to the hobby king and value hobbies stuff I normally use but takes a bit more heat but not the kind of heat monocote needs. Really digging it.

I'll put some loud graphics on it so I can see it better. I have some multi-lense vinyl that almost glows.

Cool. Glad you like the Ultracote.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
Spent some time tonight cleaning, and checking my PAU Extra 300sp. There's a chance that it will work to go flying tomorrow, so it needs to be ready to go!!!

BalsaDust

image.jpg

Mike another thing to note on the wild tiger. You see in this picture there are four servo bays in the wing. The outmost holes are for your ailerons and I will have the covering cut and trimmed back on those. The other two are for the rudder and elevator if it ends up tail heavy and needs the weight up front. Bays are also cut in the fuse closer to the tail. I would suggest installing everything in the plane but just tape the tail servos in place before cutting the covering to see how it balances. I will include the push rods and guides needed for the tail surfaces if the servos need to be in the wing.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 44265
Mike another thing to note on the wild tiger. You see in this picture there are four servo bays in the wing. The outmost holes are for your ailerons and I will have the covering cut and trimmed back on those. The other two are for the rudder and elevator if it ends up tail heavy and needs the weight up front. Bays are also cut in the fuse closer to the tail. I would suggest installing everything in the plane but just tape the tail servos in place before cutting the covering to see how it balances. I will include the push rods and guides needed for the tail surfaces if the servos need to be in the wing.

You Da man Chris. Thanks for the info.:way_to_go:

BalsaDust

You Da man Chris. Thanks for the info.:way_to_go:

Thanks. Just wanted you to know before you started wondering why there were 6 servo pockets on the plane. Did I ever email you the link to the designers build thread on the plane? If not I will as this plane has kind of a specific way to go about assembly. Nothing hard but needs to be done in order that's all.

I'm excited for you to get the plane and hear your opinions on it.