• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey @Snoopy1,

Your Skybolt looks AWESOME ! ! ! ! Thanks for posting the pics. I bet your YS pulls that Bad Boy around very well. The largest Skybolt kit I have found is the one listed in the PCK Catalog at 1/4 scale. Something makes me want to say it's a Wendell Hostettler kit, but don't quote me on that. The issue now is that, from what I've read elsewhere, Larry Katona has not been in good health for a while so I don't know if you can even get one.
I wonder if Leo got the molds for the one RC City used to sell when he bought up all their stuff.

Skybolt.jpg

BalsaDust

So worked on the sukhoi some. When I put it together I didn't have any aluminum standoffs for it so I just used the ones I had made from steel on my scratch built cap232. Well I sold my Carden cap as just an airframe leaving me with a DLE 55 sitting on the shelf so I decided to pull the aluminum stand offs of of it and move to the sukhoi. Weighed it all first. Steel ones weighed 13.7oz for all of them and the aluminum ones where only 3.2oz. So 10.5 oz removed from the nose. Prolly gonna be able to feel that in the air and should move my CG rearward as it seemed pretty nose heavy to start with. 45 up line roll inverted and the nose drops instantly. Will rebalance it in the next few days to see how I need to rearrange my flight batteries.

Might I also say that I am in love with this booma rc dual redundancy hidden pin switch. Works like a champ and both times I have been out when I came back and recharged the packs they where within 50 mah of each other. Will be using these more often.

Working on an electric B2 Bomber. Setting it up on a system I havent used before. Supposed to have 11 servos onboard, but I removed 1 to replace a burnt up retract servo. Really wish that this low end F type radio had servo speed capability. Retracts are WAAAAYYYYYYYY too fast. If I keep this flying, Im gonna change it out to my JR system, knowing that I can set servo speed for the retracts. Maiden day will be on Sat at the local edf fly in.