• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Last night I continued the venture of switching from pull-pull to push-pull on the rudder of the 330LX. Found out that I didn't have long enough turnbuckles :( so, had to order 2 6" turnbuckles from SWB. Chief Aircraft showed $15.00 for the price but, when you added it to the cart the price went to $15.95! Also, their minimum order was $20.00 and their shipping was over $11.00 for the same exact shipping that I paid $7.95 for from SWB.
Yes, that is also why I did not order mine from them. If you had let me know you needed some, I would have been happy to send you a couple. I have a stash of numerous sizes.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 94498

That's there is one of those removable counterbalances. Gonna have to break out the packing tape and thin CA. Oh and if you notice you can see the packing tape already holding the counterbalance on on the other side.
Neat trick...you trying to turn it back into.....wait for it....wait for it. "BALSA DUST"? Sorry dude, just couldn't resist. Ya know, a little 200 mph Nascar tape and you could be back up flying. Just sayin'.

thurmma

150cc
Yes, that is also why I did not order mine from them. If you had let me know you needed some, I would have been happy to send you a couple. I have a stash of numerous sizes.
Thank you for the offer Rob! Hopefully mine will be here on Friday. We are starting a lot of rain in the forecast starting the 27th through the 4th of April so hoping I can get it int he air this weekend.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Do you know if that is Oracover or Ultracote? Because I can get you the right color. I have a chart sent to me by the president of Ultracote. He sent me the complete file that shows the cross reference from Ora to Ultra.

It's Chinacote, so far this seems to be a one-off color.

Xtreme_Power_RCS

Staff member
IMG_1395.JPG
Well I didn't get much work done at all, but did get a new member to the GSN team

Aka- tent :banana-dance:
:mario-banana:

Last edited: