• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well boys I am mentally exhausted and eyes are going square. I have spent the last 2 weeks about 9 hours a day behind a computer doing a drawing so that I can build 50cc plane for 3D.
The biggest problem I had was setting up AutoCAD so that I can send the drawings to the print shop so that he can read it and print it to scale. Well when I did the preview did not look good so after another long period I believe it is ok. Going to send one print to him and see if works. Which me luck.
Coooool. What did you draw up? I wanna see, I wanna see! By the way, GOOD LUCK. :yesss:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hope it turns out well @Snoopy1 :attaboy:.

Fortunately it does not take AutoCAD to map out and plug a hole or else I'd be stuck in a hole :laughing:.

Did get motivated enough this evening to plug a hole and install the two satellite Rx's :deadhorse:.

0218182254-00.jpg 0218182259-00.jpg 0218182339-00.jpg 0218182352-00.jpg 0219180000-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Snoopy1 when I’m ready to print stuff from cad I just convert it to a pdf so it’s easier on the print guy.
How right you are thought I was done and when I got to the print shop he asked for it to be in PDF format so back home and that took me all day because of various reasons just not knowing what I was doing but I believe it is done and one prof was sent to what I have.

BalsaDust

How right you are thought I was done and when I got to the print shop he asked for it to be in PDF format so back home and that took me all day because of various reasons just not knowing what I was doing but I believe it is done and one prof was sent to what I have.
Yeah it took me a long time to figure out the pdf thing. Well let me correct myself. I figured it out in about five minutes how to convert it but getting it to convert and still be scaled properly was a chore. Now that I know how to do it it’s no problem. What version AutoCAD are you using.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yeah it took me a long time to figure out the pdf thing. Well let me correct myself. I figured it out in about five minutes how to convert it but getting it to convert and still be scaled properly was a chore. Now that I know how to do it it’s no problem. What version AutoCAD are you using.
Using version 13.
What do you mean by scale properly can you please explain. Thanks..

BalsaDust

That looks good. Kinda reminds me of the old OMP hybrid profile. I using AutoCAD 2017. It was just the learning process and realizing I needed to create a custom print page and make a viewport that was the same size or larger than my plans. At first I was having it convert and when I would print 100% scale from the pdf it would only print out on a 8-1/2” x 11” piece of paper. It’s been a learning process but it has been fun.

Now get to cutting out some parts and start building that thing. Also my email is barnesracing85@hotmail.com if you could share the engine outline with me. I never got around to sending a pm to you.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That looks good. Kinda reminds me of the old OMP hybrid profile. I using AutoCAD 2017. It was just the learning process and realizing I needed to create a custom print page and make a viewport that was the same size or larger than my plans. At first I was having it convert and when I would print 100% scale from the pdf it would only print out on a 8-1/2” x 11” piece of paper. It’s been a learning process but it has been fun.

Now get to cutting out some parts and start building that thing. Also my email is barnesracing85@hotmail.com if you could share the engine outline with me. I never got around to sending a pm to you.

The reason I went to this is no matter how I built up the frame work of a flat slab whenI calculated the twist stress on the frame work and it was no good, the joint between the carbon tube and the balsa was the weak point but when I laid it out with small 4 by 4 box section tapered brown to zero was the strongest by more than 10 fold and I had less volume of wood to do it. It worked out to be about 14% lighter. It will be a lot more work to build. Please note this is my first time and I will learn from it and the second one will be better again.