• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

kwj48

70cc twin V2
Ok very interesting, been looking at this plane for awhile. Very interested. Please keep us informed. Depending on your report will have to pick up one at JoeNall.

It's a well natured wing at least the nitro version was. I had the nitro version but no more slimer's for me. Only thing about the E version is the batts are pricey.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It's a well natured wing at least the nitro version was. I had the nitro version but no more slimer's for me. Only thing about the E version is the batts are pricey.
Still have slimmer's but the few I have I enjoy but will not buy anymore as they die they are gone. No the one I am interested in is the electric one.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1561.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG
Well got the cowl cut and all the small holes drilled for everything. Second picture is the gas tank built and the air box for the inside to stop the carburetor from spitting fuel into the fuselage. Get that glued in tomorrow and go from there.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I used to think I would forever be a die-hard slimer guy, but once I made the switch to gas, it was all she wrote! I got rid of my slimer inventory and never looked back. That was a great choice for me and my style of flying - not too mention the price of slimer fuel.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
I still keep one slimer trainer plane going for instructing !! Gas is where it's at for me & keep thinking I want a trainer with a small gas engine some day !

BalsaDust

While I hate the cost and mess of nitro I don't think I will ever be without a piped 46-55ax engine. To me I guess on my 40 sized birds I'm just not going to get the flight time I like out of electric. Now for anything 60 size and up though it will get 20cc gas from now on.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Do you believe this to be a better servo than the brushless type servo it seems to have a better processor, does that trump the brushless advantage. It is getting harder and harder to pick a good servo for the money. Thanks for the help and or advice.

Not really, the brushless are the best you can buy. I'm sure a brushless aluminum case version isn't far behind. We offer both, D-Series, and Brushless, because not everybody wants to run the Brushless servos for their own reasons, even though they are superior to standard coreless digitals in almost every way.

Last edited:

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I still keep one slimer trainer plane going for instructing !! Gas is where it's at for me & keep thinking I want a trainer with a small gas engine some day !
I do have one slimer, my trainer - forgot I had that one. It is a 45 engine and I remember keeping that to help folks learn when needed. I agree a trainer with a small gas engine would be the ticket.