• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys - Crack Pitts Mini

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I have about 30 flights on mine now. The last two were this morning on the way to work ;-)

I also have the mini YAK, so the build was pretty similar.

Love the way the plane flys - still have just a touch of wing rock in very slow harriers - suggestions welcome (though this is entirely manageable - just looks a bit ugly)

The initial roll rate was pretty tame - so I made the following mods - I built a new control horn with the same geometry, just a tad bit more throw - also used CF for the arms and dubro micro ball links to make everthing both rigid and smooth.
Used an exacto knife to loosen the hinges just a bit, then used a thin film of welders to make sure the cuts didn't spread.

Result is that is rolls very quickly.

hone

150cc
I just got my Crack Pitts mini 1-1/2 wks ago and enjoyed it very much! I got the factory power kit and batteries, but the batteries only last a couple of minutes. I have a 2S 300mAh and a 450mAh and it flies good with either, even in 8 to 10mph wind. It's my favorite plane so far...
Thanks!

Glad you're enjoying your crack pitts mini! What color did you go with?

alawson999

70cc twin V2
For those following this thread... there is lots on new content in the first posts... check out the links and videos!
cdee

As you can tell from my earlier comments, I love the plane.

Still scratching my head on a small detail - battery placement. Has anyone figured out how to mount the battery so the weight is evenly split to both sides? The rear cf strip seems to prevent the classic THRU HOLE technique

We got the classic thru hole technique on the CPM running 2S 250 batts from twisted and the batt is just about 1mm in front of the carbon strip you are talking about. Can't figure out where your extra tail weight would be coming from if not glue.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Thanks - I will investigate further. I do seem to like a bit more aft cg than others, might just be my prefs that are tripping me up.