• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys - Crack Pitts Mini

Here's one of Aaron's flights from last weekend on the CPM. Nowhere near the quality of Cody's flying or video editing skills but the plane is so well designed and fun to fly... it's just sick in terms of big throws, explosive power and roll rate.
[video=youtube_share;cYQd_2xeubg]http://youtu.be/cYQd_2xeubg[/video]

Well, in case anyone thinks the Crack Pitts Mini is exciting as I do, here is a video to help you be quite sure it's a 3D monster... so fun. Enjoy the vid folks.

[video=youtube;iyif7PVdxdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyif7PVdxdU&list=UUThta2neZSH0t0G_ByTk-IA&index=2[/video]

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I enjoy mine too, tho my skills fall far short of yours.

I notice you keep the airspeed somewhat faster than my norm, is this a style or pref - or is there something in the nature of the airframe that makes it work better that way?

I enjoy mine too, tho my skills fall far short of yours.

I notice you keep the airspeed somewhat faster than my norm, is this a style or pref - or is there something in the nature of the airframe that makes it work better that way?

Thanks alawson!!! First, when I started out building and flying, I had a lot of planes that flew heavy so I had to keep throttle in to make them fly. So, I would say I am just used to doing maneuvers with a lot of speed. Harder to control no doubt unless your used to it. The CPM, as you probably know, stops on a dime and that helps change directions fast. It lends itself to the way I like to fly. Exciting plane to fly for sure and there is no other foamy even similar. I think Twisted has a lot of planes that just stand on their own as unique and that have strong character.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I agree - I have 3 TH planes in my flying rotation, each is solid, but with a unique "personality".

Calm and Snow covered here this morning, but the winds are <5, so I think I'll try to run thru a few batteries on my way to work

:)

alawson999

70cc twin V2
A question for those wiser than me ( low hurdle )

What is the useful life of a servo?

The reason I ask is that my Crack Pitts Mini is into triple digits on the flight count now - and tho I fly the heck out of it, I seldom smack hard surfaces anymore.
I am beginning to see weird stuff, like while flying straight and level, it will go to full down elevator without stick inputs.
Pretty sure it is not either the radio or the receiver, based on behaviors on other airframes and on other channels on this airframe.

My hypothesis is that I have a servo that is no longer reliable.

Like every mechanical device, I expect them to wear out eventually, but I admit that I have no clue as to when that might be, and how I might predict it so that some preventive maintenance or pre-emptive replacements can be made.

Airframe is fine - I was able to recover

I *will* be replacing that servo when the parts arrive

Just looking for advice on how to avoid this problem next time.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you have to share.

Alan

Never had one wear out like you described. We strip them from pushing them too hard I think with all the hyper-fast moves with the radio set at 120% throw etc... Replacing them isn't a problem though. Take your time cutting if you need to cut anything. Sounds like you got a ton of flights in which is great.