• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper build log (maybe)

OK, if it were me, if the curve of the fuse allowed room for them to fit, I would use the adhesive backed Velcro to stick them to the bottom of the fuse. Then I would glue a couple of straps to the fuse, shoe goop works great, or epoxy. If the batteries don't fit down in for that to work, I would either use the slots in the former and tab the tray into those and then glue in one former towards the other end and put a couple screw's to hold it in place. The other option would be to mount either rails or mounting blocks to the sides of the fuse and screw the tray to those. I try to go for a KIL KISS (keep it light, keep it simple stupid) approach.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
I know it's far off. But 1 possibility on covering is doing one color. Then using b and e graphics to add design and color. Anyone do this. Or anyone see what it looks like.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Probably understood what they were doing, just that they were also not doing it correctly;) Again, I have not used Hysol and likely never will but as a rule with any type of adhesive, what holds the joint is what is between the parts. Anything else serves no purpose but to add weight or in some cases distribute stress (with epoxy, hysol, etc. only)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
So when using hysol can u assemble pieces dry then apply glue ass fillet.
I've done it like that on formers in a composite airplane and it works fine. The method was tack the former in with CA then make a filet on each side with Hysol. But composite structures are a different animal than wood. On a interlocking wood fuse I would go a different route. Terry's way seems to work well!