• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40cc Twin

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Is this something current owners need to be concerned about?
I can't answer that because everyone is different. I sold my 40 with my EF MXS to get my DA70 and 91 Extra but if I still had it I would at least get an email to Denny as his customer service is extremely good to be kept in the loop. I had a problem with mine being an early motor but the replacement motor was flawless and had more power/rpm than my first. It does no seem wide spread as there are a lot with a lot of fuel through them.

I bought one used on an EF 78" Extra. I had some issues with a loose muffler, but now that it is fixed the engine has proven very reliable for me. The plane had about 200 flights when I bought it, and I've put another 100-120 on it since then. It starts easy and runs well. I'm turning a 20x9 at 6950 on the ground. I've seen some of the VVRC 40s turning slightly higher so I might be leaving a few RPMs behind by being slightly rich.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I have been putting a few flights on mine now and then, maybe an average of 8-10 per month and I've been happy with the eu it's been running. I put bowman rings in it from the start and have been running Stihl Ultra HP. I'm going to estimate I have probably 90-100 flights on it.

My question is; how much compression should I have? It seems very mushy, as I can easily push it through compression without much resistance. I can't complain about power, because I have a falcon 20x9 pulling 21-22 lbs of thrust. It has good response and otherwise runs normal, but my buddy's EME 70 is solid when you push it up against compression.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
When I had th 40 twin I always felt my compression felt mussy as well. It made it very hard for me to hand start but started instantly with an electric starter. I never asked about it because it ran so well.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I used to have to use an electric starter but after I started pulling the choke down hard to seat it, I have no problems hand starting it. Mine has less compression than a single cylinder but I think that's normal.

I'm running a falcon 20x9 on mine. I see 6950 on the ground, but in-flight telemetry is showing a max of about 8400. I'm not thrilled with the 20x9 though. I'd like something a bit slower, but Falcon doesn't have a 21x8 which I think would be perfect. I tried a 22x8 but it was too much prop.