• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Weighing your plane.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. I always mean to, but I forget half the time.

Now, where did I put my beer.....
:laughing:

Maybe I am just anal, maybe it isn't important. But I do weigh mine. I like to get an idea of what to expect. I purchased a digital scale that goes up to 80 pounds and so far it has proven to be very accurate. It is a little amazing at times though how one manufacturer from another with the "EXACT" identical setup for the same size plane can be a difference of 2 pounds. I find it a little hard to believe there could be 2 pounds difference on a 50cc size, but with a 35 center, two pounds definitely makes a difference. My PAU is tipping the scale at just over 29 pounds. Nothing added, just normal setup. My 37% Pilot Edge with identical setup...straight down to batteries, harnesses, fuel tank, canisters..... is about 27 pounds and some change. I feel the difference between the two.

Last edited:

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Weighing your plane just gives you another perspective about your knowledge about RC planes.
I weigh all my planes and they are always comes more heavy than others claim with the same plane sometimes even same setup, I'm just guessing that they've never weighed there's.

For me it's like asking if you've ever tac your engine. Well you should, it's not that if shes fly good than everything is OK.
If it's good for you it doesn't mean it's the right way I guess.