• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

WTF?

Sarlacc

50cc
Ok, I am sorry to do this, but I have to vent somewhere.
Why is it, that RC airplane people are the only ones who seem to do this?
Every other stupid ass expensive hobby I have gotten drawn into has forums, and they all have a classified section.

We all know that before paypal, we had to mail a cashiers check, or a money order, that was the standard.
Paypal is a service that allows instant transfer of money from me to you, or you to me. You can use a bank account, or a credit card and really rack up on crap you don't need. Any company that provides a service gets paid for said service, right?

If I set a price for an item, and want to sell that item, I account for what I want out of the item, the price to ship it, unless it is unreasonably large, like an airframe, or a jeep bumper, of a set of tires, or whatever, and that is my asking price.
How hard is it for these bastards to just factor in the paypal fee of 3 stinking percent, rather then post up "Add paypal fees"?
Seeing that "add 3 percent" to their listing just really makes me want to Hulk out and smash something innocent.

I know it is not a big deal, and I should just be like whatever, but I haven't seen the likes of it on hardly any other forums. When money orders, or cashiers checks were sent people didn't charge a surcharge to drive to the damn bank for deposit. Just suck it up you cheap dicks.

Last edited:

Sarlacc

50cc
I know this is stupid, and not worth reading, I just wanted to vent, and I am sure FG or RCG would have kick banned me for voicing my opinion.
Thanks

Oh its coming u used the word dicks... now if you would have said gsn or giantscalenews for 3drcfourms that would get u points watch

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I know this is stupid, and not worth reading, I just wanted to vent, and I am sure FG or RCG would have kick banned me for voicing my opinion.
Thanks
You really need to post in my "moron thread" but be "witty" about it. I know a guy who blew up his only friend over 15 friggin dollars. I feel your anxiety over cheap ass bastards.

Since we all agree the 3% is chump change, it must be the arithmetic that is pissing you off. Otherwose it wouldn't be worth the blood pressure spike. Maybe it is the arithmetic that is getting to the sellers too. Kind of like income taxes. I don't much like paying them, but I despise the paperwork I have to do for the priveledge.

Mikeq

150cc
How hard is it for these bastards to just factor in the paypal fee of 3 stinking percent, rather then post up "Add paypal fees"?

Not hard and it should be done if that's the only payment option...or they should say if you use PayPal please add 3% so the sorry PayPal bastards don't get my money...your anger is justified and little sh*t like this pisses me off too...

Last edited:

Sarlacc

50cc
Thanks for the replies guys, like I said I know my frustration is unjustified and I am sure there are more important things in the world to get bent about. For some reason, this just makes my blood boil.
I know Paypal doesn't need the money, however, if I am selling something, I am willing to pay for my protection, and provide a level of security to my buyer. If I am buying something, I don't feel it is my place to pay these fees. I also like to have instant access to cash, so when someone buys my pile of crap, I can go buy more.

I had a guy tell me to go get fu*ked over $2.40, the item was $80, and he was offering free shipping, but had "Add 3% for Paypal" rather then taking off work to go to the post office, or my bank, and get an alternate form of payment, then wait 3-4 days for it to get there, and another 3-4 days to get the item, I just offered $80 to the guy.
He said it was his item, and if he wanted offers, he would have asked for them, and that he wouldn't sell it to me for $100 for insulting him.
$2.40 insult?
I then proceeded to insult him, with gusto.
I am still waiting on the reply...

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
There is a lot of "discourse" with Pay Pal because of the fees but like you said it offers a way to pay "online" and not have any individual entity retain your personal info for future use as which many do and access your funds with out prior authorization!
Thieves have gotten "legitimate". As far as the "vendor" you are dealing with; I say just cut him loose and do business elsewhere.
Everything has to be a "deal" it seems and no one wants to pay fair market value for our "crap" or accept a reasonably fair offer.
Sign of the times! "Hulk out and destroy something innocent" made me laugh! Thanks for that! Hope you vented enough! Nothing is worth that kind of price!