• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Xpress builds a 115 AJ Laser - PICTURE HEAVY!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Xpress may I ask you a question you are presently flying the the plane with a ZDZ180 I believe. Looking at the ZDZ web site they also make 190 size. Why did you pick the 180 from the spec sheet the are the same weight and everything else except for the displacement. Did you prefer the 180 and why. Just looking around for a new motor but know very little about this brand except what you have writing about the motor on this site.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
@Xpress may I ask you a question you are presently flying the the plane with a ZDZ180 I believe. Looking at the ZDZ web site they also make 190 size. Why did you pick the 180 from the spec sheet the are the same weight and everything else except for the displacement. Did you prefer the 180 and why. Just looking around for a new motor but know very little about this brand except what you have writing about the motor on this site.

The 180 was the only engine in that class when I purchased it in 2016 (2017?), the 195 was not available at the time. There was an issue with the casting molds for the 180 so the 195 was produced, but it looks like they've cleared up the problems with the 180 molds.

The 180 is the better of the 2 motors by far, the 195 seems to like to run hot.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The 180 was the only engine in that class when I purchased it in 2016 (2017?), the 195 was not available at the time. There was an issue with the casting molds for the 180 so the 195 was produced, but it looks like they've cleared up the problems with the 180 molds.

The 180 is the better of the 2 motors by far, the 195 seems to like to run hot.
Thanks for that but it seems the 180 is hard to get, or only on special order.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks for that but it seems the 180 is hard to get, or only on special order.

Yes, because it's not a motor anybody is willing to give up. Special order is the only way to really get one now.

Every bit as reliable as DA and Jason Doran at ZDZ USA can fully service them if any issues pop up.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Xpress . Hi just read the thread again and thanks for doing it.
just received my AJ laze 115 started to install the horns. The only question I have did you install the long horns similar to the ailerons or the shorter ones similar to the rudder on the elevators .

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Xpress . Hi just read the thread again and thanks for doing it.
just received my AJ laze 115 started to install the horns. The only question I have did you install the long horns similar to the ailerons or the shorter ones similar to the rudder on the elevators .
I have the answer Tim got back to me.