• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ USA Is Bringing ZDZ Brand Back to the US! Whoo Hoo!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking for a new engine in this size but know nothing about this engine or its history. Did some Google search but found nothing that will help make a decision. Also nothing on YouTube. Just info from the manufacture but nothing from the RC community. Love to see one run on a bench, does anyone have one, has anyone see The engine in a plane. Looking at the 112cc b2 ZDZ

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking for a new engine in this size but know nothing about this engine or its history. Did some Google search but found nothing that will help make a decision. Also nothing on YouTube. Just info from the manufacture but nothing from the RC community. Love to see one run on a bench, does anyone have one, has anyone see The engine in a plane. Looking at the 112cc b2 ZDZ

The canada guy's have tested this engine every way to sunday. I think @Bdegan and @tbrum have done the most. The 112 seems to be swinging very close to DA120 props and almost no vibration. Part of what caught my eye.

Lots of video's on youtube, check out some of Brad Egan's: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zdz112

Last edited:

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
The canada guy's have tested this engine every way to sunday. I think @Bdegan and @tbrum have done the most. The 112 seems to be swinging very close to DA120 props and almost no vibration. Part of what caught my eye.

Lots of video's on youtube, check out some of Brad Egan's: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zdz112
Thanks @Terryscustom , that is what I was going to say. He has tried everything under the sun. It is great to know that he is so knowledgeable and has tested all the brands.

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
No water in the fuel is key. Typically aviation grade fuels get filtered with "coalescer" and "hydrophobic" elements to remove standing water and "entrained" water (water that is actually diluted in the fuel) . Anti icing agents also added. Fuel line freeze up was the biggest concern. Typical paper elements to filter out particulates to less than .01ppm. However most of us will never fly high enough to have any "icing" issues. Keeping fuel systems clean and your gas can clean and sealed during storage is very important. For those of us that have to run pump gas I find 87 octane does better to keep engine running cooler. I have tried 93 and found no power advantage and actually lost power because the engine would heat up faster under load. It is a good idea to try and make a filtering system that you can circulate your pump gas in the can before using it in your plane for better debris removal.
As far as additives.......sea foam.......stabil......etc.. Small engine manufacturers will recommend it because they want you buying more of their small engines. Water and particulates are fuels and your worst enemy.

You make a great point. I fly at an altitude of 4,300 feet. So I actually have seen an ice issue for us diehards that fly durning the rocky mountain winters. I have found that I run cooler with av gas than pump gas. Isn't it amazing how altitude and humidity levels can make such a difference.

I would tend to trust those 2 guys, as they put in the stick time to get these engines to rock!

I have the spreadsheets printed out that Trevor sent me when I was deciding on pipes for my EME120 powered 108" Extra SC from OMP. Stock DA 100 header length with Wrong Way RC tuned pipes with a Falcon CF 28x9.5. Get around 6600. Id like to get the ZDZ on that same airframe and compare the difference! :)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks you for the info looks like I am going take a very close look at this motor. From the info available it looks strong. See if I can spot a few at JoeNall. And then make up my mind.
Question to ZDZ do you make in cowl mufflers for the ZDZ 112 for the Viper-ST.
THANKS EVERY BODY.
Just collecting info and parts to build a Viper-St this coming winter need a big project got all summer to buy and collect.

Mikeq

150cc
No water in the fuel is key. Typically aviation grade fuels get filtered with "coalescer" and "hydrophobic" elements to remove standing water and "entrained" water (water that is actually diluted in the fuel) . Anti icing agents also added. Fuel line freeze up was the biggest concern. Typical paper elements to filter out particulates to less than .01ppm. However most of us will never fly high enough to have any "icing" issues. Keeping fuel systems clean and your gas can clean and sealed during storage is very important. For those of us that have to run pump gas I find 87 octane does better to keep engine running cooler. I have tried 93 and found no power advantage and actually lost power because the engine would heat up faster under load. It is a good idea to try and make a filtering system that you can circulate your pump gas in the can before using it in your plane for better debris removal.
As far as additives.......sea foam.......stabil......etc.. Small engine manufacturers will recommend it because they want you buying more of their small engines. Water and particulates are fuels and your worst enemy.
Geez Dimes you're very knowledable about fuel or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn Express?....[emoji6]