• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
New bottle of glue got the leading edge glued on and all the hinge pin blocks glued in. All that needs to glued to the wing is the two end caps and bevel. Little bit of sanding and then put to one side and start the second one hopefully it goes a lot quicker.
7D19E33B-2B9B-4630-9B57-7B14BB0EA9D9.jpeg

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got the one end cap rib glued on . Look for the hardest ugliest piece of balsa wood I have then make end cap rib. Do this for 2 reasons when sanding the wing to match the fuselage it is easier to sand balsa and you do not sanding into the light ply root rib. Just. 3/32 rib does the job for me.

6CD03F5A-2D22-47F6-B0D8-68F369982A62.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Need to start thinking of what is needed to finish the plane. Also who the manufacturers are going to be.
1. Tail wheel
2. Main wheels
3. Engine and exhaust. Not sure if it is possible to put cans in it looked at it briefly and it did not look good.
4. Covering and colours and depending on weight plastic or paint.
5. Servos and what make.
6. 120 cc engine.
I know there is a lot more but those are the first things that come to mind.

WMcNabb

150cc
Need to start thinking of what is needed to finish the plane. Also who the manufacturers are going to be.
1. Tail wheel
2. Main wheels
3. Engine and exhaust. Not sure if it is possible to put cans in it looked at it briefly and it did not look good.
4. Covering and colours and depending on weight plastic or paint.
5. Servos and what make.
6. 120 cc engine.
I know there is a lot more but those are the first things that come to mind.

Looking good!

And based on @Bartman’s recent thread, don’t forget about switches, batteries, IBEC, receiver, etc. ;)

How about smoke? I haven’t fooled with that one yet. Any recommendations?