• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking good!

And based on @Bartman’s recent thread, don’t forget about switches, batteries, IBEC, receiver, etc. ;)

How about smoke? I haven’t fooled with that one yet. Any recommendations?
Played with smoke a couple of times. It is hard on a plane, first to get just right is not easy. The bigger the engine the better it works but I don’t think I will ever do it again just to hard on the plane covering and paint I also find it just as much work to clean up as glow plane if not more. Smoke oil just seams to be able to get under the seams of Ultracote. But when working properly and on a good plane what I mean on good plane is a Bi-plane that does not fly to fast it looks great.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well does everyone know what I am doing??????
And now it needs to be cleaned up.
7F1162C5-E584-4D92-8B80-272B6C6A0B64.jpeg

WMcNabb

150cc
Played with smoke a couple of times. It is hard on a plane, first to get just right is not easy. The bigger the engine the better it works but I don’t think I will ever do it again just to hard on the plane covering and paint I also find it just as much work to clean up as glow plane if not more. Smoke oil just seams to be able to get under the seams of Ultracote. But when working properly and on a good plane what I mean on good plane is a Bi-plane that does not fly to fast it looks great.

Thank you. That’s exactly what I wanted to hear - a strong recommendation one way or the other. Think I’ll just enjoy flying for a while and not mess with smoke.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Forget how much wood got shaved off. I am totally interested in all those RC goodies he is going to put in it :).
And the Maiden of course.....:on_the_go:
The maiden is a long way off. As soon as the flying season is Upon us the building stops until it is cold again, cannot miss one day of flying. Sorry

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking good!

And based on @Bartman’s recent thread, don’t forget about switches, batteries, IBEC, receiver, etc. ;)

How about smoke? I haven’t fooled with that one yet. Any recommendations?
Need to buy just the stuff to complete the build or I should say the wood work and the cowl. But yes that will also be required.

Do not know if I should start the left wing or build the new ailerons.