• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The inner framework is not big but the hole plane based from it. Now I have build the outer skeleton.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Did not think that I would get a start on the outer shell of the plane this spring. But the weather is not good and cannot even do any yard work so got a start on the 1/3 scale Extra out skeleton. Lot of pieces and little sticks to put together.
72668708-5948-4C1B-ADDC-454C0DC15C2D.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well started the making up the sheeting. Edge sanding them all and then match sanding the sheets and edge gluing them all. I believe there will be 14 or 16 sheets that need to be edge glued, that will keep me busy for the rest of the day . Then comes all the sanding not one of my favourite jobs. One thing I could not build a plane without masking tape, on the third roll for this plane.
If someone has an easy or quick way of making sheeting I sure would like to know. Please do not say CA, it’s quick but the finished job does not look good. Hard to sand smooth because the CA is so hard and when start sheeting the wood is harder around the glue it shows up in the finished job as long bumps .

TonyHallo

150cc
I've read recently that some people tape the top of sheeting after gluing and wiping. I tried it and it works, not sure what it does but the people who posted it were well respected builders so I do it now.