• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I've read recently that some people tape the top of sheeting after gluing and wiping. I tried it and it works, not sure what it does but the people who posted it were well respected builders so I do it now.

I do the same, tape it together tight on one side, open and add glue, then pull it together tight and tape that side.

Good enough for me still got a couple of joints to make will try it out and see how it turns out thanks for the reply.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
After applying the glue and pulling together you may want to lightly wipe the excess glue off before applying the second side of tape, I do this using a damp tissue.

Thanks for that will be trying it in about hour when the sheet glue is dried and ready for the next sheet.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
All I know right now is, do not like sanding sheeting, is hard work and tedious, once again I am huffing and puffing and my arms do not want to know me. Unfortunately it one of tha aspects that needs to be bone. I have tried all sorts of hand tools but never found anything things that beats a 24 inch sanding bar. Flat, smooth no gouging or anything. Do any of you sand to anything more than 150 before covering. If you do why, yes I know it is smoother but can you see the difference through the plastic covering.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Note putting the tape on the second side made no difference to the glue joint but it seemed that the sheet is laying flatter on the table.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
All I know right now is, do not like sanding sheeting, is hard work and tedious, once again I am huffing and puffing and my arms do not want to know me. Unfortunately it one of tha aspects that needs to be bone. I have tried all sorts of hand tools but never found anything things that beats a 24 inch sanding bar. Flat, smooth no gouging or anything. Do any of you sand to anything more than 150 before covering. If you do why, yes I know it is smoother but can you see the difference through the plastic covering.
I have even used 60 grit and not noticed it under covering. I think with the covering taught it pulls across the miniscule scratches. Now if it were glass, oh boy how they show.
Note putting the tape on the second side made no difference to the glue joint but it seemed that the sheet is laying flatter on the table.
The tape is so it stays put without having to weigh it down and in my opinion it gives a tighter joint.

TonyHallo

150cc
I use a quarter sheet palm sander with 220 paper, does the job for me.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok got the side sheeting on the one side and the wing fitted all I will say it really tried my patience. Will not start the other side till I have a better way of doing it. Cutting the opening for the wing was difficult and extremely time consuming. I must taken the wing off 50 times measured cut a little measure again cut a little and on it went. It’s done but there has to be an easier way. Looks ok but 2 hours to get the wing to fit the fuselage.

A91EF966-EE2A-4516-8DBB-0DD89F55F5A1.jpeg