Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

1/4 scale P40 Warhawk

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Blazing Wings, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Started today laying up glass for the 1/4 scale P40 Warhawk kit. Maybe by end of next week I will post some pics of first fuselage production.

2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Love to see it!

stangflyer likes this.
  3. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

I'll be watching very closely.

Blazing Wings likes this.
  4. A sneak preview. Tail section P40 out of mold. Working on bottom wings right now, and soon the fiberglass parts are all completed. I will post again once all is done.

Attached Files:

stangflyer, AKNick, WMcNabb and 2 others like this.
  5. P40 Update....

Just finishing up a few details such as location for wing pin installation, wing bolt, belly pan, etc....
    This will be an easy kit for the builder to complete. I pretty much done everything there is on the wing center section. I will post pictures end of this week of complete fiberglass fuselage and wing center section.

stangflyer, WMcNabb and Jetpainter like this.
  6. GSNadmin

GSNadmin Staff Member

Great work how long did it take you to make the molds?

7. Making the molds does not take too much time (2 weeks), but is very labor intensive. Making the master plug and adding some scale details is taking an eternity.

stangflyer and Jetpainter like this.
  8. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Still watching with earnest.

9. Just out of the mold..P40 warhawk 1/4 scale. All details are on it. Looks rough at this stage, but trimming and cleaning will be next before moving on to priming. I am very happy with the results. This is number one, and as for now it weighs 12 pounds. The next I will make will have carbon fiber built in, to make it a bit lighter. But I think for fuselage and center wing construction for this 112" wingspan plane not bad.

Hope you guys like it. Once she's painted she will be really shining.

Attached Files:

Snoopy1, stangflyer, WMcNabb and 2 others like this.
  10. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

That P-40 looks freakin AWESOME! ! ! !