Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

1/4 scale P40 Warhawk

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Blazing Wings, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I'll second that!

stangflyer and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. even better when she has some colors. She still rough now, but I will clean her up next week, and spray a coat of primer.

stangflyer and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Ah yeah... now we're cookin'!
    shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

4. Jetpainter

I like that you have the center section on the fuselage, that way the gear stays with the fuse.:way_to_go:

Blazing Wings and stangflyer like this.
  5. stangflyer

My thoughts "zactly". I am hoping I can do the same thing with the DS 112" "Stang". I really like this Warhawk. It is "TOTALLY" on my very soon hit list if it all comes together as planned.

Blazing Wings, Snoopy1 and Jetpainter like this.
  6. All my planes that I build are designed in the same concept as the P40E Warhawk, with fuselage and center wing section all constructed in one piece. The MIG 3 will be done the same way. P51 and Corsair are planned to be built next year, both around 100" wingspan.

Jetpainter and stangflyer like this.
  7. stangflyer

Once I see how the P40 comes out and more than likely purchase one from you, I easily see a Corsair on my hit list for next year

Blazing Wings likes this.
  8. stangflyer

A Corsair with a Moki radial! Now that would be the
    pile o poo.png

pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  9. Thank you for your support.

After I finished cleaning all the glass parts and primed the fuselage, it might not be until next year before I will have a complete P40 Warhawk to show.

I postponed a 1/3 scale Corsair for a customer just to get the P40 ready for an event next month. So, I promised him to have his airplane completed by end of this year. I also have to start making molds for the MIG 3, as I have people waiting for it. A lot of work going on, and I try my best to satisfy everyone.

WMcNabb, Jetpainter and stangflyer like this.
  10. Jetpainter

I built a Byron Corsair for a guy back in the day and the molded center section with plug in wings was a great feature.

CorsairSmall.JPG