• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

10cc 3D gasser --- An exercise with a VH Sabre-X 51" and a Evolution 10GX

Yes, it is the first time with a Hyde mount. I got a new beam mount because I think I did the spacing too close. I would have to make a firewall extension to make up for the spacing so I think I will just have to tolerate the issues.

I did a prelim balance check. RX battery will have to go aft. None of my current batteries fit except a 2s lipo which would need to use a BEC. I ordered some LiFE packs from HP. Also the Jtec not being here will hold this project up as the stock muffler hits the fuse. I could use my Bisson sideways I suppose.

Build log Updated with latest steps. Jtec told me muffler is enroute. The ARF itself is built and the EPAs have been set on the surfaces so finishing engine install and cleaning up the wiring and radio gear mounting is all that is left. Here is the revised cowl spacing.

DSC_0313.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
This is one of the coolest projects I've seen in a long time. Very nicely done on the documenting. I can't wait to see some video of that motor running and of course some flight info and vids. Looks like you are getting super close! :D

Probably because we were talking about so many other projects. When Horizon ran out of these, Gary picked up the last one at RCB for me. Joe and I have been talking about doing this since the engine was announced.

Looks like the 15GX will be announced on by the end of the week and I think that is a good candidate to convert a EF 60" plane.

I uploaded the video I did on Sunday of my first runs of the engine and added it to build video post.

I am waiting on a LiFE battery that will fit into the tail to balance her for a maiden. Weather is not very cooperative this week.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Probably because we were talking about so many other projects. When Horizon ran out of these, Gary picked up the last one at RCB for me. Joe and I have been talking about doing this since the engine was announced.

Looks like the 15GX will be announced on by the end of the week and I think that is a good candidate to convert a EF 60" plane.

I uploaded the video I did on Sunday of my first runs of the engine and added it to build video post.

I am waiting on a LiFE battery that will fit into the tail to balance her for a maiden. Weather is not very cooperative this week.

15cc on an EF 60? SWEET!

Joe did it with a DLE-20 on a 64" MXS. The plane is still flying. No much of a video. I have a new rig to take much better footage. I also just did a GT22 conversion on a H9 Katana that is stupid overpowered. It is 7.5 lbs though and I can see the 3D abilities will be limited to the high wing loading. I will wait to see the specs on 15GX before I mull over this project or Joe decides to do it.

[video=youtube;1lLWHdXOJqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lLWHdXOJqA[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: