• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Fortitude has a 20 ounce tank. I'm using two of them right now.
Are you using the V2 tanks? I really like the V1's but the V2's I'm skeptical about. I don't like how you have to CA the lines in place, and the vent tubes appear kinked at the bend. They are probably the lightest tank on the market though.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Are you using the V2 tanks? I really like the V1's but the V2's I'm skeptical about. I don't like how you have to CA the lines in place, and the vent tubes appear kinked at the bend. They are probably the lightest tank on the market though.
Used them great tank and the tubes have never come off they are in there solid. Can only leak at one location and it has two “O” rings. If have styrofoam in your plane that is very important.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes they are V2 tanks. I did have the fill line fall off inside the tank on one, but I was using some really old CA at the time that I knew was sketchy, but I used it anyway. I redid it with fresh CA and it's been fine ever since. The vent tubes in mine were fine.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
All I can say is that it’s a tank. Need to trim it up and make it smaller/thinner. My concept design works though! Looking at a 2” wheel in there. It will be printed in silver eventually
9FAA77E6-2999-453E-B11F-58E5E0AC2FA9.jpeg CB769FB6-B3CA-49B9-B9D4-7B8301EC0058.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Opened the box and had look through most of it man it does look good and everything seems to be there just the big stuff have not opened any of the packages. The covering is great nicely done and virtually no wrinkles. Happy so far. And canopy is good no cracks.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
My mother always said if do not have something nice to say keep quiet, sorry nick but that Tailwheel looks out of place maybe it’s the colour. But it needs something.

LOL! I said it was a TANK. WAY too big. It's on a diet in CAD and being reprinted in silver as a version 2. I still think it'll be an improvement over the stock hard foam wheel, and it's cheap.... the optional scale tail wheel is expensive, so I'm making my own ha ha.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Opened the box and had look through most of it man it does look good and everything seems to be there just the big stuff have not opened any of the packages. The covering is great nicely done and virtually no wrinkles. Happy so far. And canopy is good no cracks.

Mine came without wrinkles, I used some blue tape in between the ailerons and flaps, peeled it off and the red trim came with it. So hit it all with an iron anyways.