• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Ignition module mounting ideas?? I try very hard to separate the module from everything else, it will not fit on the engine box sides and top, only the bottom. But the routing of the ignition lead is tricky. I’m kinda liking the idea of in the tunnel. Make a little mount in there and call it good.
Thoughts or concerns either inside the forward compartment, under the box, or in the tunnel??
View attachment 111075 View attachment 111076 View attachment 111077 View attachment 111078
In the tunnel sounds good to me. Look nice and clean and out of the way.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Nick looks like you are making good progress and it seems that it is easy to fit everything into the plane. The tunnel looks big enough for a tube or a canister. From all your postings really getting me interested to build the plane just have to wait for the winter.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Nick looks like you are making good progress and it seems that it is easy to fit everything into the plane. The tunnel looks big enough for a tube or a canister. From all your postings really getting me interested to build the plane just have to wait for the winter.

Wait for winter?!!? Does winter come quicker there than here?? LOL

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Nick I have open the box and some of the parts are laying on the work bench what I may do is some ironing on some minor wrinkles and just going over some of the joints.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made a small start emptied a bottle of medium CA into the plane. Anything and everything I could reach. One question to @AKNick what is your distance from the firewall to the front of the engine cowl, my measurement is right on 7 inches. Which means that from the firewall to the spinner backplate would be 7 1/16 with a 1/16 clearance between the spinner and cowl.