• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters
19 pounds 10 oz that is standing on the runway ready to take off.
That is the stock nothing added built out of the box.

Glad to hear your review since I will be running the same motor. two questions:
1. How did you end up snaking your ESC battery lead up to the cockpit where you plug it in to the battery?
2. Why did you choose to run such large capacity Lipos for your servo/RX? Why not run a smaller LiPo for powering the servos and change it out between 2-3 flights? reason I’m asking that one, is I’m testing things out with a 2s 950 mah LiPo for my servos and I can use for the amount of time it would take to run two flights. At least I think I can so far without having flown.
thoughts???

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It is 5000 mAh battery but it is RX type battery they very small for their size. And I had it on hand and it was just the correct weight to balance the plane.
Just kept cutting a hole in the battery tray until the EC 5 connector squeezed through.
In my experience planes of this size will use between 300 to sometimes 400 mah per flight and with that said I will always make sure that I have no less than 35% left in my pack after my last flight. And yes 5000 is overkill but it fitted the situation.

It is 5000 mAh battery but it is RX type battery they very small for their size. And I had it on hand and it was just the correct weight to balance the plane.
Just kept cutting a hole in the battery tray until the EC 5 connector squeezed through.
In my experience planes of this size will use between 300 to sometimes 400 mah per flight and with that said I will always make sure that I have no less than 35% left in my pack after my last flight. And yes 5000 is overkill but it fitted the situation.

Gotcha! Thanks for the info! Cheers and hope you keep having fun with the bird, now that you are getting to fly her!

-Clint

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
With the Gas engine and a TechAero I'm getting just under 400 mAh per 14min flight. I think a 2S 950 would be a little light, but with 6min flight times on electric I think it'll work.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Gotcha! Thanks for the info! Cheers and hope you keep having fun with the bird, now that you are getting to fly her!

-Clint
Just thought of something make sure you have enough runway to land the first time you will be surprised how much runway you need with this plane. With electric motor and I have it setup with no braking just freewheeling it comes in fast and long not use to that. Still working on the flaps, it is needed.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Just thought of something make sure you have enough runway to land the first time you will be surprised how much runway you need with this plane. With electric motor and I have it setup with no braking just freewheeling it comes in fast and long not use to that. Still working on the flaps, it is needed.

With flaps deployed, its very slow. A little flap elevator mixing and you'll be a happy camper. You don't have that much time on it yet, In the beginning I was nervous to land slow, but rest assured it slows down great with flaps and has a better stall characteristic.

Page 26 I talked about 20% mix. My flaps are 45-50deg full deployed. I am using a curve too I think now.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I agree it just a matter of time to get the flaps setup. It just taking a little longer the amount off elevator compensation is more than I am accustomed to. Just going to keep adding elevator till it has nice sink rate.

In lack of an alternative, I bought the RCGF 56cc motor. They where out of stock for the DLE motors and not sure when they got them in stock again with all my usual "dealers". Result is quite obvious, even with the pit-muffer, there is a lots of chiseling on the cowling.. Looks horrible. -Lets hope it runs better!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
In lack of an alternative, I bought the RCGF 56cc motor. They where out of stock for the DLE motors and not sure when they got them in stock again with all my usual "dealers". Result is quite obvious, even with the pit-muffer, there is a lots of chiseling on the cowling.. Looks horrible. -Lets hope it runs better!

Dang. A 56cc will be a stump puller on this plane. Lots of power. Is it the stinger line?