• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2-stroke oil,what works,what doesn't

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
edgewise;4459 wrote: Yes it was

I feel like I'm giving my mentors advice so I'm hesitant, but I heard his engine sag slightly on the first flight and he was just too lean for the hot day on a new engine and the cowl on that Corvus needs major baffling work. I think your fine on oil but since I switched to redline it cleaned out the slight buildup I had from other oils and is treating me well.

i actually got an idea for baffling I planned to share with him at the Labor Day event.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea, I was just not sure about going up and offering advice since I'm still an F.B.I. FNG. I'll talk to him about it.

edgewise

30cc
Bdegan;4458 wrote: Ohhhhh noooooo !!!!!

Another oil thread ROTFL !!!!!!

Agreed, pretty sure it wasn't the H1R.

Simply put. Any quality 2 stroke oil will work just fine. Drink whatever flavored Kool Aid you like.

Use whatever is easily available in your area. No reason to stress over it :rolleyes:

Look at it this way- it also gets everyone off of the glow pilot status LOL

Bdegan

50cc
edgewise;4472 wrote: Look at it this way- it also gets everyone off of the glow pilot status LOL

Perfect :)

As a side note. I use Stihl premium ( non synthetic ) for break in at about 35:1.

After 5 to 10 liters of break in mix. I use iPone Samurai. 100% synthetic at 45:1

The iPone Samurai is rated to be able to be mixed from 50:1 to 100:1 like Amsoil.

The oil is also strawberry scented LOL. Makes you hungry when you hover in front of yourself ;)

But if you forget to strain the strawberry seeds when you mix a jug of fuel, it's hard on the engine.

Seriously though. Good oil. Engines stay really clean inside and no carbon build up.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Bdegan;4482 wrote: .......As a side note. I use Stihl premium ( non synthetic ) for break in at about 35:1..............

I've been using Stihl premium for everything. Why would you stop using it after a certain point? Stihl recommends it for the life of their engines.

Thanks,

Bart