• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2-stroke oil,what works,what doesn't

SleepyC

150cc
OK, I created an "OFFICIAL OIL FORUM!"

All oil threads can live here.

Many people have argued oil for YEARS and some newer guys never thought about it till now. SO, now there is a specific forum where ALL oil threads will get sent. They can live happily, grow if need be and not get the other threads all dirty and oily.

:D

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
BikeRacer;4561 wrote: I used to use Echo brand, which worked fine but was a little dirty. Now I use Redline 40:1 and it makes great power and is very clean. Internals still look like new after 2 years of flying. I can't believe I just replied to an oil thread... :eek:

it's a warm up thread before we roll out the Soda-bottles-as-fuel-tanks thread ;)

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
SleepyC;4636 wrote: OK, I created an "OFFICIAL OIL FORUM!"

All oil threads can live here.

Many people have argued oil for YEARS and some newer guys never thought about it till now. SO, now there is a specific forum where ALL oil threads will get sent. They can live happily, grow if need be and not get the other threads all dirty and oily.

:D

you really did! i had to go look for it because i thought you were kidding.

roflmao!

too freakin' funny.

thurmma

150cc
I have been using Redline at 50:1 for a couple years now in my 3W's and it is a clean running oil. Had run Amsoil prior to that and got tired of the black crap all over the plane. That went away immediately upon switching to Redline :)

thurmma

150cc
Terryscustom;4619 wrote: They've been sending the trolls pack'in so we're all adults......more or less.

I guess I should have read ALL of the posts before I sent a fist at bigblueswope :)

edgewise

30cc
thurmma;4662 wrote: I have been using Redline at 50:1 for a couple years now in my 3W's and it is a clean running oil. Had run Amsoil prior to that and got tired of the black crap all over the plane. That went away immediately upon switching to Redline :)

Had the same problem with Amsoil

Redline 40:1 from day 1 in everything. No problems so far.

I am only running two gassers though, so I am no expert by far.