• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2-stroke oil,what works,what doesn't

PatNjos

30cc
I was using opto2 for two years, thinking oil choice didn't matter, or make a difference, but I just switched to redline, and really have noticed an improvement in engine temp, engine seems happy, mix is still the same,

I used to use Echo brand, which worked fine but was a little dirty. Now I use Redline 40:1 and it makes great power and is very clean. Internals still look like new after 2 years of flying. I can't believe I just replied to an oil thread... :eek:

I also use a petro oil for break in, usually anywhere from 2-5 gallons depending on motor quality, and switch to Redline there after things feel right. :)

I just realized that anyone can add keywords/tags to a thread, it seems only 3 keywords per user though. I added the first couple :)

Chumley

New to GSN!
BikeRacer;4561 wrote: I used to use Echo brand, which worked fine but was a little dirty. Now I use Redline 40:1 and it makes great power and is very clean. Internals still look like new after 2 years of flying. I can't believe I just replied to an oil thread... :eek:

And I can't believe I just read an oil thread . . . But I did and it was interesting to see others experiences. Thanks to all that contributed.

Well.. we all just need to keep in mind that not EVERYONE knows all there is to know about oil.. even if there are tons of oil threads out there :)