• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

BalsaDust

I think I’ll try something a little quicker. I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews with PHD servos. I’ve been itching to try out some KST or Promodelers.

Also. Not sure if 6.6 A123 would end up a little heavy in comparison to a little LiPo

These are two power hd servos I totally trust. Quite a few guys in my club running them as well with no issues.

KST makes a great servo. It’s what’s in one of my DLG’s and the glitter jr I have been building also has them.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the servo info, the servos that I am looking at are good for 240 oz-in and 0.15 sec/60 degrees. That should keep me out of trouble.

BalsaDust

It could be used on this but it would require changing up the slots on the cut parts. Also know that there could be a bit of tail twist with the smaller tube when the plane is rolling.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
287B08DF-D02D-4C7D-A554-55DC4D86A2C5.jpeg

Found this tank and think it looks good never had one but all the nipples are in the cap. Only one problem they make a 8oz and 12 oz tank. And what I am trying to do in the profile the nipples on top are in the way. But would like to fly with 8 oz tank what are your thoughts, or is it to small. The 8 oz is shown in the picture.

BalsaDust

8 ounces will be more than enough fuel but I know someone else referenced possible issues with the clunk not moving very well in them for hard 3D flying. I would deff say use viton tubing in the tank on a smaller one as they are much more flexible and remain flexible unlike tygon that gets stiff.