• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I have a small 10oz tank and re-plumed it with the new Sullivan Pro-Flex fuel line. Seems to be working great but it's not in a 3D plane.

l-sln212.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 110499
Found this tank and think it looks good never had one but all the nipples are in the cap. Only one problem they make a 8oz and 12 oz tank. And what I am trying to do in the profile the nipples on top are in the way. But would like to fly with 8 oz tank what are your thoughts, or is it to small. The 8 oz is shown in the picture.

The issue I have with most 8oz tanks is they are too short. Those tanks are a little longer and should suffice.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
John needs to update his page for this servo, but 270oz/.12/8.4? $45 so should be just over 200 at 6.6 id imagine.
http://www.promodeler.com/DS270DLHV

305oz/.07/8.4 which is 250/.09/6.6 I think $70 these would fit the bill at 6.6 and HV. Might be my choice.
http://www.promodeler.com/DS305CLHV

I got the specs from John, man that guy is quick and said he'll update the website when he gets some time. busy with production he said!
I did see they are 3pole motors, but the sticker price is great for a slab. There are a lot of servo options in the $70 range, but most lack speed or torque or the option for LiPo vs A123. John didn't provide the speed at 6v... I would presume they are close to .16.

6V = 190oz-in
6.6V = 210oz-in
7.4V = 240oz-in

8.4V = 270oz-in 0.12

I still like the DS305CLHV, They are quick, enough torque for A123 and LiPo HV option. Versitle servo and would be good enough for 30cc if using a LiPo.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have a small 10oz tank and re-plumed it with the new Sullivan Pro-Flex fuel line. Seems to be working great but it's not in a 3D plane.

View attachment 110500
Love the stuff been using it for a couple of year and will never go back to Viton if you do not the correct hardness in Viton it will split and get you in to trouble like it did to me. Cost me a plane.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I'm surprised no one has mentioned a good "mini servo". I'm seeing HV, HT, HS, MG versions that should get the job done on a 20cc slab.
Biggest advantage is saving over an ounce of weight per servo over standard size digitals weighing as much as 2.7oz

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Love the stuff been using it for a couple of year and will never go back to Viton if you do not the correct hardness in Viton it will split and get you in to trouble like it did to me. Cost me a plane.

OUCH! Hate it when that happens. I too have created problems when trying to solve them o_O.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The Sullivan Pro Flex is definitely more flexible than Viton. But if you stretch it at all to get it on a fitting it will split, so mind the fitting size's closely.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The Sullivan Pro Flex is definitely more flexible than Viton. But if you stretch it at all to get it on a fitting it will split, so mind the fitting size's closely.
Interesting I moved to ProFlex because I had some problems with Viton splitting, I know it has to do with hardness, but have not seen any difficulties with the ProFlex up to now but will keep an eye on it now that you mentioned it.