• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well came to grinding halt ran out of covering material. LHS did not have any so it is on back order and waiting for it to show up.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just worked on some small details and cleaned up some minor imperfections that were annoying me. Hope fully the covering comes in on Friday so that I can continue. Still working on some ideas how to run the wiring from the back to the front, some novel way.
Still contemplating what type of glue to use installing the ailerons. Epoxy or Gorilla glue. My concern is the covering is very transparent and if any glue runs out of the hole into the wing you will be able to see it that will not look great but there is not much I can do about that, it is what it is. For some reason I am leaning towards the Gorilla glue. Do you guys have any suggestions.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Just worked on some small details and cleaned up some minor imperfections that were annoying me. Hope fully the covering comes in on Friday so that I can continue. Still working on some ideas how to run the wiring from the back to the front, some novel way.
Still contemplating what type of glue to use installing the ailerons. Epoxy or Gorilla glue. My concern is the covering is very transparent and if any glue runs out of the hole into the wing you will be able to see it that will not look great but there is not much I can do about that, it is what it is. For some reason I am leaning towards the Gorilla glue. Do you guys have any suggestions.

I've heard of people using wood glue as well.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got one aileron hinged, use Gorilla glue. I think I prefer doing it with epoxy.
130E8764-BDDE-4D3A-9199-858969D780FD.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hysol is another alternative, It's just a little harder to find.

Did not think of Hysol have the product just never crossed my mind. Will have to give that some thought. What I do like is that Gorilla glue expands and fill all the voids.
Now all I have to do is hinge the other wing.

Last edited:
For pin hinges, I always use Gorilla Glue. I prep the hinge pin with lip balm, as well as the covering around the hole, so once the glue expands, its easy to remove the excess. Blistex in the yellow squeeze tube works great!