• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I still have two of these Yaks One AEROBEEZ and one by RED WING RC I am in the process of beefing up the Fuselage, The front of the Fuse ahead of the Wing is very week for a gas engine I made Plywood nose doubles to strengthen the Fuse The one in the video had many hours on it and Was getting worn out. I am rather hard on the profile I fly. Love to do tail touch landings and hand lunching these is a kick too.wind was about 10 mph on this flight Calm day in 2nd video

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Need to get this one done for this year. All I have been flying this winter are some Electric's off the snow with floats, and a a couple very nice days test flew two EDF's
IMG_2516[281].jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Need to get this one done for this year. All I have been flying this winter are some Electric's off the snow with floats, and a a couple very nice days test flew two EDF's
View attachment 113225
The fuselage on the plane looks interesting. It’s got a little thickness to it about one inch looking at the picture. That would add quite a bit off stiffness to the fuselage. One nice feature is that the wiring can be feed through the fuselage clean setup. Profiles need to be flown like they have been stolen. Hopefully my new 20cc lasts for the hole 2020 season.

BalsaDust

The fuselage on the plane looks interesting. It’s got a little thickness to it about one inch looking at the picture. That would add quite a bit off stiffness to the fuselage. One nice feature is that the wiring can be feed through the fuselage clean setup. Profiles need to be flown like they have been stolen. Hopefully my new 20cc lasts for the hole 2020 season.

None of the ARF profiles can take a hit. all plywood that just shatters on impact. Stick built with a TUBE is the way to go for a profile.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Found that out a couple of times any plane built with light ply is great as long as life is perfect touch any thing and they explode, and difficult to fix.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
BalsaDust I disagree with you on the ARF's The one you see in the video's I did my own mods on and flew the crap out of it for 3 years before I sold it. The ones that were just slapped together with no changes were very week. I agree with you there, but not the ones I did all my modifications to. I also trashed the aluminum gear and used the Teatherlite Gear that will flex. which I purchased from Ohio Model product a few years ago.These are the planes I practiced hover to tail touch landings with. here is a video of my 50cc Pilot yak with an EME 60 in winds were 25 mph.
I still have this plane. I put an EME twin 70 with a starter in it Only fly it at the Local surrounding Airshows Wyo, Montana, SD, Neb.

BalsaDust

BalsaDust I disagree with you on the ARF's The one you see in the video's I did my own mods on and flew the crap out of it for 3 years before I sold it. The ones that were just slapped together with no changes were very week. I agree with you there, but not the ones I did all my modifications to. I also trashed the aluminum gear and used the Teatherlite Gear that will flex. which I purchased from Ohio Model product a few years ago.These are the planes I practiced hover to tail touch landings with. here is a video of my 50cc Pilot yak with an EME 60 in winds were 25 mph.
I still have this plane. I put an EME twin 70 with a starter in it Only fly it at the Local surrounding Airshows Wyo, Montana, SD, Neb.

When I say take a hit this is what I'm referring too. While yes I titled the video I killed a mojo 40 in reality I replaced the broken prop and was flying again in five minutes. This is built stock. There is something to be said about a stick built fuse with a tube in it as it allows the fuse to flex. no extra mods needed.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I have done worse to my modified 65" profiles with the DLE 20 gasser on it. (Got rid of all my stinky glow engines years ago) and changed the prop and back in the air we go too. What I see in your video is what I call a dumb Thumb moment LOL!!!! when doing such maneuver's you need to remember Altitude is my friend, and practice at a higher altitude until you are more proficient at what you are doing. I get a little complacent at times and fly to low too, seems like that is when stuff happens that you do not have the altitude to save your self. All I fly now is either Gas or Electric IMHO

BalsaDust

I have done worse to my modified 65" profiles with the DLE 20 gasser on it. (Got rid of all my stinky glow engines years ago) and changed the prop and back in the air we go too. What I see in your video is what I call a dumb Thumb moment LOL!!!! when doing such maneuver's you need to remember Altitude is my friend, and practice at a higher altitude until you are more proficient at what you are doing. I get a little complacent at times and fly to low too, seems like that is when stuff happens that you do not have the altitude to save your self. All I fly now is either Gas or Electric IMHO

I got rid of all my glow stuff as well. I have the opposite opinion. While yes that was a dumb thumb I tend to stay low. When your low and you dumb thumb it in there is much less energy that gets transferred to the plane over if you have built up some speed before meeting tera firma. Check out The Profile Brotherhood website and you can find a lot of badass profile planes.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I am a probro, have been since the day Billy Hell started the group.I am one of the first 100 members.

Last edited: