• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

BalsaDust

I'm still flying my Aero-Works Prox 260. I'm going to build this one with some of the techniques used on the Prox. I've got a couple of damaged wings from my old one I'm going to use the wing access doors from. They've worked great on the 3 Prox's so far.

I would advise against using the aeroworks techniques. I promise you if you build the plane as I have it drawn on the plans it will be very strong and lightweight and easy to build.

That is why I am building this plane the Glitter. Presently flying an Aeroworks Pro260. It is heavy and wing rocks badly not pleased with plane hopefully this is much better.

I hear ya! I have to do a lot of lateral balancing and fine tune the elevator deflection to get walls and harriers to work right. The Glitter will be the replacement for mine as well.

I would advise against using the aeroworks techniques. I promise you if you build the plane as I have it drawn on the plans it will be very strong and lightweight and easy to build.

Structure will be as per plans. I'm incorporating the equipment access doors, landing gear, and equipment mounting. Being able to get a visual of these things will help me out.

BalsaDust

Here ya go @Snoopy1. I drew up a 32” flat plate foamy version last night.
6B3696E6-69D9-4ED3-8A4D-3A2E23298E76.jpeg

BalsaDust

Looks very interesting. What is it made off and how thick

I just based it off the foam I have in my shop currently which is depron that is right at 9mm thick which close to what most EPP out there is. Basic specs are 32” span 29-1/2” long. Hopefully only about 7-8 ounces all up wieght. If you look at the 32” foamies that value hobbies sells it will use the recommended 3S setup they have.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made a little progress on covering the fuselage cannot do much because I am still waiting on a mini servo, so that I can position it correctly on the fuselage. The picture also shows the ignition mount above the gear plate.

14CF3B52-E687-44B8-A622-56ADF66F4B80.jpeg

BalsaDust

covering all the edges first on a profile is the best way to go but it is tedious work especially when working on one that is smaller and only 1/4" thick.