• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Never bought from sig. Gotten lots of balsa from national and it's great stuff. I will be honest though last three times I have gotten balsa I have ordered the tower hobbies branded wood from tower. Other than one pack of 1/4" balsa that is closer to oak all the wood I have gotten from them has been great quality.

I've bought Tower wood before, never had any complaints. The main reason I'm going to Sig is because I can get all of the sizes and types that I need from them. Tower doesn't have all the sizes I need. Sig is a little bit cheaper though, but really cost is a wash among all of the suppliers except for BUSA, they are a little more expensive than National, Sig and Tower.

Either way, I'm sure I'll have to make multiple purchases and I'll probably get it from where ever I can get it lol

BalsaDust

I've bought Tower wood before, never had any complaints. The main reason I'm going to Sig is because I can get all of the sizes and types that I need from them. Tower doesn't have all the sizes I need. Sig is a little bit cheaper though, but really cost is a wash among all of the suppliers except for BUSA, they are a little more expensive than National, Sig and Tower.

Either way, I'm sure I'll have to make multiple purchases and I'll probably get it from where ever I can get it lol
I gotcha there bud. I actually always just order sheet stock from tower and make my own sticks with my bandsaw or balsa stripper.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
After I build it and make any changes I find I need to make I'll have a bunch made for the cost of having them copied. I think it would be cool to see a handful of Krier Kraft models out there!

Hey @Bipeguy03,

I was just thinking (I know that's dangerous. . . . :laughing:). If you have a place near you who does reprographics, it will probably be cheaper and easier to have your plans scanned to a PDF file. That way you won't have to worry about rolling up a bunch of drawings and getting the tubes to mail them out. You could just email the PDF's to those of us want a set of plans and we can get the copies made locally. Of course, I am willing to pay for the copies or PDF file of the drawings, whichever you decide to get.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Never thought of having them scanned to a PDF file! Good Idea!

Even still I won't want any money, I just think it would be cool to see a few more Kriers out there ;)

Alky6

150cc
Maybe this just might have to be a first plan built plane....though I think I would need some serious help with the bipe portion of it! Never have seen how all that fits up together. Though, at my pace it will take 3-4 years to complete (what say you @HRRC Flyer ? LOL)

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Alky6,

This would make an AWESOME first plan built plane. Biplane aren't really more difficult, you just have to build twice as many wings. . . . . :laughing:. Plus, you have @Bipeguy03 and the rest of the guys on this site who have far more building knowledge than you and I put together. I say, go for it.