• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHobbyShop 51" AJ Slick

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Thanks Losi.. i had to take a couple of mm off the length on my tube too, which does point toward maybe a new tube supplier being used?

gyro

GSN Contributor
checked mine just now, and it definitely isn't rock solid, but i'm only getting about 3/4 to 1" of total travel up and down at the tips.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveT.

100cc
Can't comment on this until Tuesday when I get my new 51" Slick, but will definitely check it out...

SteveT

My 1 year old slick is .62mm thick and 12.98mm wide and l didnt have to cut any off. The new slick that is only a few weeks old is .42mm thick and 12.75mm wide and i had to cut about a 1/4" off in length. I have almost no wing flex in my 1 year old slick. The new one does but with all that said the new slick has taken just as much punishment as mine with no issues.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Losi,

thanks, if it's stood up to all you can throw at it then I'm sure it's fine. I'll stop worrying.

Yeah I and the owner of the newer slick have put it threw Hell. He has crashed it about 10 times and cartwheeled it a few times and its holding up. Oh and I have flown the mess out of it. Now if I crash and total my slick I will hold on to the wing tube and put it in a new one. Just to make me feel better.

Put one flight on my 51 slick today and realised that I broke the x mount to my motor in my last crash. So I guess l am going to send it in and finally get it lightened since I need a new x mount anyways. So I flew 4 flights on a friend's 51 slick. Oh he let me borrow a lightened 3615 so I can get my slick back up. My fiends have been really helping me out. Hope I can repay then for there kindness.