• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHobbyShop 51" AJ Slick

SnowDog

Received shipping notice and tracking number today for both my 51" Slick and Vyper Bipe today!!!!! :D :D :D

SteveT

Yesterday I ordered and received a shipping notice on my Mintor 33 (for my 71" Slick) :)

Saturday I ordered a Motrolfly 4320 for my 65" Vyper...today I received a shipping notice for that motor!

Friday is going to be a good day to be my mailbox ;)

SteveT.

100cc
Yesterday I ordered and received a shipping notice on my Mintor 33 (for my 71" Slick) :)

Saturday I ordered a Motrolfly 4320 for my 65" Vyper...today I received a shipping notice for that motor!

Friday is going to be a good day to be my mailbox ;)

Coolness!!!

SteveT

St3v3

30cc
No need to add the weight. The recommended cg is very nose heavy.

Thanks, we flew it today without adding any more weight, somone else from my club did the test flight to make sure all was well then I took it up for a few flights, it was a joy to fly, very stable and with high rates very agile, I did some good tumbles, parachutes, elevators and waterfalls.

My harriers are sill pretty eratic, but I did manage to get the 51 into them a lot easier than with the extra, I also worked in an inverted elevator, all in all great fun, I'm going to enjoy flying this bird :)

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Here are some pics of my very first 3DHS plane which I won at my very first SEFF.

Attachments

• IMG_4805.jpg
    IMG_4805.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 182
  • mooseheadslick1.JPG
    mooseheadslick1.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 204
  • tail.jpg
    tail.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 214

SteveT.

100cc
Nice..... Moose.....and nice moose!! :D :D :D

On a side note.......but in reference to your Moose heads.......

Years ago, I had a friend that was a master sign painter/pretty darn good artist/ hobby shop owner, who used to hand letter or paint things on peoples models. A guy brought in a very well painted shiny black model hydroplane for Gary to letter and paint some detail on. A couple of weeks later, when I just happen to be in his store, when the guy came in to pick up his boat.....Gary pulled the boat out and the guys jaw dropped about four inches!!! On the nose of the boat was a wonderful rendition of "Bullwinkle" the moose....and on the sides it said...."NightMoose"..........The guy busted out laughing and laughing......... Gary asked....you don't like it???? The guy said.... Gary......it was supposed to say...... "Night Moves".....not Night Moose!!!! Gary's face turned bright red, and he said "oh...Schnitt!!!!!" And he then said.....no problem he would redo it......the guy wouldn't let him.....he thought it was great!!!!

SteveT

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Bendy wings?

I've just put together my new Slick, elsewhere someone brought up that they thought the wings on their new Slick were quite bendy, deflecting noticeably when you pick the plane up by the tips. I'd also noticed this, the wings are much more flexible than my 48" EF models. In fact it's the wing joiner tube that's doing the bending, not the actual wing. I thought this was normal but others say the wings on their 51" Slicks are rigid. I'm now concerned that there is a problem with the joiner tube so i'd like your thought.. check the video:

[video=youtube;oXztu0XRUDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXztu0XRUDU[/video]

Steve

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
ok.. more information on the possible issue.

i pulled the wing tubes from some of my models. The Aj Slick one felt much lighter than the ones from my 48" EF EXP's or from my 51" hobbyking Slick. it also felt noticably easier to bend, especially compared to the EF tube which was very rigid.

here's the vital stats:

• EF 48" Edge EXP wing tube: 530mm long, 13.1mm diameter, 0.65mm wall thickness, 24.4g
  • Hobbyking Slick wing tube: 528mm long, 13mm diameter, 0.6mm wall thickness, 21.5g
  • AJ Slick wing tube: 520mm long, 12.9mm diameter, 0.4mm wall thickness, 13.8g

So the AJ slick has a lot thinner wall and much lighter tube, so it's bendiness is not an illusion. Now this may not be a problem, if older Slicks have the same tubes I'll be happy... If on the other hand they have heavier tubes then we have a potential issue.

I will check mine tonight and compare it to yours. I just built a slick a few weeks ago for a friend and I had to cut the wing tube b/c it was to long. I have built 9 other 51s and have never had to do that. I also noticed the wing tube felt lighter. Will check it to make sure I'm not crazy.