• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHobbyShop 51" AJ Slick

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks for the feedback :)

Awesome video 3Dnater

Your welcome;) I can't take any credit for the vid except to know about it's existence. Losi lives over 2k miles from me. That is one of the great things about social media... Our ability to connect with people that are so far from us but share our interests. It has been great getting to know you Steve :D

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Yesterday I became the proud owner of a new red 51" AJ Slick, my first 3DHS model. 51" Slicks are rare beasts in the UK because they have never been officially imported but that very helpful Mr Gyro ordered this one for me and forwarded it on.. It's a well travelled model airplane!

Hardware is budget priced but I'm hoping should perform pretty well:

Motor : Headsup Firepower 46 sport (720kv)
ESC: ZTW 85A
Battery: I'll see how it goes on my Gens Ace 4s 2200mAh 30c (yeah I know I'll probably get short flight time)
Servos: Solar D658 x 4 (will need a bit trimming of the holes to fit)

So any tips / thing to watch out for?

Putting it together might take a while as i seem to spend most of my life in hospitals visiting relatives lately:(

Steve

grimgrinnin

New to GSN!
My night-flyin' 51" Slick

DSC0171-M.jpg

Fliprob17

SITE SPONSOR
Yesterday I became the proud owner of a new red 51" AJ Slick, my first 3DHS model. 51" Slicks are rare beasts in the UK because they have never been officially imported but that very helpful Mr Gyro ordered this one for me and forwarded it on.. It's a well travelled model airplane!)

Steve

as an FYI, ADC Hobby Store ships all 3D Hobby Shop ARF Kits, Parts, etc. World Wide ;)

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
yeah, I know.. trouble is they don't have the Slick yet (soon i guess) plus the biggest issue... I get hammered for import duty (20% plus handling charge) because ADC being a business mark the full value of the package which attracts the UK customs Gestapo:( Having said that it probably adds up to a similar overall cost by the time two sets of shipping is paid for doing it the way I did it.

in any case.. i'm happy;)

EDIT.. i see you have the red Slick in now... that's cool

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
well, what I did was a one time thing to help a hobbyist in need, so for all ya'll reading this: ADC is the place for 3DHS "World Wide"!
Not to mention Rob is a good dude and I've had many perfect transactions with him. Definitely recommended!

Fliprob17

SITE SPONSOR
yeah, I know.. trouble is they don't have the Slick yet (soon i guess) plus the biggest issue... I get hammered for import duty (20% plus handling charge) because ADC being a business mark the full value of the package which attracts the UK customs Gestapo:( Having said that it probably adds up to a similar overall cost by the time two sets of shipping is payed for doing it the way I did it.

in any case.. i'm happy;)

EDIT.. i see you have the red Slick in now... that's cool

Yep, Red 51's are in-stock. The declaration value on the 51 Slick is typically set at $149.