• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Noob to gas question: Wouldn't a 32oz tank leave a lot of room for fuel to slosh around if you didn't fill it? I suppose it sloshes in any size tank, but it just seems like a lot of room to cause air bubbles?

The fuel does slosh around a lot. Gas tanks for these planes have a metal clunk that runs close to the back of the tank. There are a few different styles but the concept is that as the fuel sloshes around the clunk stays in it and continues to allow it to suck fuel. With gasoline the bubbles are rarely enough to cause a problem and if they do you can always use a clunk that has a felt filter. The gas saturates the felt and the bubbles get left behind.

hosam

70cc twin V2
Gary, just get a DuBro tank and be done with it. I have been using them for the last 15 years with no issue. yes it is a bit heavy (2 ounces maybe) but a 50cc plane will never know that much weight difference. remember to always use the KISS method...

nebwake

70cc twin V2
The fuel does slosh around a lot. Gas tanks for these planes have a metal clunk that runs close to the back of the tank. There are a few different styles but the concept is that as the fuel sloshes around the clunk stays in it and continues to allow it to suck fuel. With gasoline the bubbles are rarely enough to cause a problem and if they do you can always use a clunk that has a felt filter. The gas saturates the felt and the bubbles get left behind.

+1 on felt clunks. The Walboro ones can be fond in any small engine shop and they work great. They hold a lot of fuel also to prevent deadsticks on downlines and what not.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The reason why I've been asking all this, is:

1- I just picked up a new 3dhs 87 SHP last night, and it's unassembled, so I have to build her up... going with a DLE-55RA engine

2- I've just ordered a smoke muffler for my EME60 on my 89 Slick, so I probably should cut some fuel weight out, and there is a 32oz in there that usually has about 8-10 oz left when I land. I have a sullivan sky writer ready to go...

wedoitall

dont suppose anybody has a motor for a 48" they would wanna get rid of? just found out that Ken said my Omega was ruined, un-fixable.

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

dont suppose anybody has a motor for a 48" they would wanna get rid of? just found out that Ken said my Omega was ruined, un-fixable.

Sounds like u need to get a new omega 130g, or try a motrolfly dm2815-950kv or the Sunnysky2820-920 on 3s w/ 13x6.5

wedoitall

ill probably stick with motorfly 2815 i have 2 of them and im really happy with them. but i did like how the Omega flew also, it was abit more floaty when i wanted to be floaty.

has anybody ran the sunnysky for more than a few months now? just wondering if it has it been "tested"?

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

ill probably stick with motorfly 2815 i have 2 of them and im really happy with them. but i did like how the Omega flew also, it was abit more floaty when i wanted to be floaty.

has anybody ran the sunnysky for more than a few months now? just wondering if it has it been "tested"?

I tested then thoroughly about a year ago. The ability to remain cool and perform at high power levels exceeds the life of the bearings. If you stay on top of the bearings, (ie, change them periodically, or replace with premium) then the motors will last forever.

fixxin2fly

70cc twin V2
I run the Mortolfly motors and love em. I ran the 2815-950 with 4cell packs on my 48 edge and it balanced just fine and was ballistically a blast!!