• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I appreciate it, as I'm trying to decide what size tank will go into my next 50cc. I've got a 32oz tank in my 89 Slick, just not sure I need one THAT big.

Here's what I would do... take the 16 oz tank out of your 71 slick and put it in the 89. Then buy an 8 oz fourtitude for the 71 and make a 500ml fiji bottle tank for the new bird. Then you will get the experience of all three and save a few bucks :D

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Does fourtitude make a 20oz?

Plenty of Pepsi bottles in that size. The only reason people love fiji bottles so much is because they are square. You could deal with round pretty easily me-thinks if 20 oz is really important to you.

hone

150cc
I got a 16oz fourtitude in my 78 Extra and i get 12 minutes with a quarter tank left, I like to leave about a quarter tank left for a safety margin. I'm pretty heavy on the throttle though. If i was building a 50cc plane i'd go no smaller than 20oz and would actually use a 32oz myself but if you do more low and slow you probably don't need that much.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got a 16oz fourtitude in my 78 Extra and i get 12 minutes with a quarter tank left, I like to leave about a quarter tank left for a safety margin. I'm pretty heavy on the throttle though. If i was building a 50cc plane i'd go no smaller than 20oz and would actually use a 32oz myself but if you do more low and slow you probably don't need that much.

I'm actually pretty heavy on the throttle, so I don't think a 16oz will get me much fl. I would love something from fourtitude in the 20-24oz size...
It looks like I'll probably go with a 32oz fourtitude... not sure I'm all that comfy with making one myself from parts.

-G

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Noob to gas question: Wouldn't a 32oz tank leave a lot of room for fuel to slosh around if you didn't fill it? I suppose it sloshes in any size tank, but it just seems like a lot of room to cause air bubbles?

nebwake

70cc twin V2
32 is way heavy IMO. I have a 1.5L in my 40% pilot running a DA150. I have my timer on my 50cc bird set a 9mins and I fly to 10 with a few mins to spare if I need to on the 16 oz. if you need to fly longer than that before landing and filling the tank again then I'd go for an 18oz smart water bottle. I like the Fiji and smart water because they are nice and clear and the stickers come off easy. The round bottle is fine also as long as you put some foam under it to keep it from wanting to roll on you.