• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

wedoitall

I tested then thoroughly about a year ago. The ability to remain cool and perform at high power levels exceeds the life of the bearings. If you stay on top of the bearings, (ie, change them periodically, or replace with premium) then the motors will last forever.

approximately how many flights should i replace them? probably would be better just to get some boca's, acer's, some better bearings and install them before i even run it? after i toasted the Omega i read manuveurs like the KE spin are hard on the bearings of a motor. wish i would have read that a couple days sooner :D

say even on a motorfly, after how many flights should i check out the bearings?

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

approximately how many flights should i replace them? probably would be better just to get some boca's, acer's, some better bearings and install them before i even run it? after i toasted the Omega i read manuveurs like the KE spin are hard on the bearings of a motor. wish i would have read that a couple days sooner :D

For hard abuse, I'd replace them right off the bat. I've even had to replace my motrolfly bearings... No engine is immune to my abuse of KE spins, blenders and crankshafts!
Usually with the motrolfly, you can hear them starting to rub and grind a little before total failure.

quadracer

100cc

I've got roughly 50 flights on my 4315 in the 57 Extra (the KE spin being one of my favorite maneuvers), and it still turns smooth as silk. I'd say just give the prop a spin by hand every time you take the plane out, and if it starts feeling gritty or not as smooth as it normally did, order a new set of bearings. That's the method I'm using on mine, others may have a different opinion.

gyro

GSN Contributor

I've got roughly 50 flights on my 4315 in the 57 Extra (the KE spin being one of my favorite maneuvers), and it still turns smooth as silk. I'd say just give the prop a spin by hand every time you take the plane out, and if it starts feeling gritty or not as smooth as it normally did, order a new set of bearings. That's the method I'm using on mine, others may have a different opinion.

That's what I do with my motrolflys

Feral

Do boca do bearings for the EF and motrolflys? That make some real smooth heli bearings

wedoitall

yea they make them for just about everything. i like acer and avid bearing also. just havent check them out for planes yet.