• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

dskuro95

100cc
Hey Ground Hog. I had a Omega 130g burn up on me before too. I sent it back with a nice note of what the problem was. Mine didn't smoke but it would only spin at like 200rpm's. They did tests and were gonna make me pay $20 for it. I told them I was not happy and will bring my money elsewhere. What do you know I get a email the next day, "We just shipped your new Omega 130g! I was happy but I had to push them a little.

Sooo what is the best way to contact 3DHS without aggravating myself to death? I understand the phone is pretty hit and miss since they are in and out so much. Is info@3dhobbyshop.com the email to use or is there a super secret bat phone type email address to use? I maidened a shiny new Yak this weekend and the Omega burnt out on the 4th flight :confused:. Watt meter said it was pulling 47amps with a 14x7 (3s) on a quick static check so that should have been fine for a 130g motor. I was adding throttle coming out of a dive and it sputtered, smoked and left me deadsticking in. This is the first motor Ive smoked so Im not sure what went wrong but it looks like a bad winding maybe? Does 3dhs do anything about replacing new motors or should I start shopping for an alternative? If the latters the case can anyone recommend something other than the omega? A little heavier would be fine but I'd like to keep it about the same size so it looks right in the cowling.

--- Edit, recieved a reply to my email at the info address right when I posted this...I get nervous too fast :ashamed:

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Hey Ground Hog. I had a Omega 130g burn up on me before too. I sent it back with a nice note of what the problem was. Mine didn't smoke but it would only spin at like 200rpm's. They did tests and were gonna make me pay $20 for it. I told them I was not happy and will bring my money elsewhere. What do you know I get a email the next day, "We just shipped your new Omega 130g! I was happy but I had to push them a little.

I burnt up 3 Omega 72g. After the first one I contacted them about a replacement and they sent me a new one. The second time I did the same and they sent me another replacement. This most recent time I didn't even bother, just threw it in one of my drawers in the basement and it has sat there ever since.

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
It'll spin some wicked RPM on 14S, but torque is somewhat lacking. :)

It doesn't last very long either. About 3 seconds, but I wasn't really timing it :rolleyes:

With a 13t pinion on the Avant Aurora (99t main gear). With the 72g which is 1100kv, you would be spinning around 7300rpm on 14s :grrreat:

quadracer

100cc
It doesn't last very long either. About 3 seconds, but I wasn't really timing it :rolleyes:

With a 13t pinion on the Avant Aurora (99t main gear). With the 72g which is 1100kv, you would be spinning around 7300rpm on 14s :grrreat:

Collective management not needed. Hammer away, Thor! :veryshocked: