• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

joshgluck

100cc
Ok, well I resigned myself to waiting to buy the components on the edge until I have the others built and ready to go. Ill pick up spinners at least :)

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Ok, well I resigned myself to waiting to buy the components on the edge until I have the others built and ready to go. Ill pick up spinners at least :)

I absolutely love the Extreme Flight spinners! One thing I learned the hard way: make sure you don't over tighten the spinner screws! That metal into metal with plastic in between is a bad combination when you have gorilla hands! haha!

SnowDog

+100 don't overtighten...and don't strip the screw heads which are very soft. It is very difficult to get a stripped screw out!

joshgluck

100cc
so with the TT spinners I needed all these adapters, with EF, are they not necessary? Just use the prop hub that came with the motors and thats it?

njswede

150cc
I just got an MPI 3" spinner for my 72" Extra. Looks great, but the center bolt is 4mm and my PTE36 (and reportedly also the DLE30) wants a 5mm bolt, so some surgery is probably needed. :(

wedoitall

A piece of music wire from the LHS makes great landing gear for the buck.5 and similar planes.....much more "springy" than the stock wire.

dont have a LHS, sucks. and the one i go to thats a long drive doesnt really carry this, they have some rod but it seems either to soft or to short or to heavy. ill probably just have to order some is i dont think the epp extras from the pics from Josh will work out. i hate to order tho, thats something i would kinda like to see in person. ill get it figured out. i actually go a heavy duty 7 gallon bucket from Lowes, i was gonna try out the handle of the bucket as LG in my wattaplane, but my wire LG for the wattaplane came in from china today

SnowDog

I just got an MPI 3" spinner for my 72" Extra. Looks great, but the center bolt is 4mm and my PTE36 (and reportedly also the DLE30) wants a 5mm bolt, so some surgery is probably needed. :(

Valley View RC can hook you up with the right bolt...they helped me out when I needed a longer bolt for my spinner.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
so with the TT spinners I needed all these adapters, with EF, are they not necessary? Just use the prop hub that came with the motors and thats it?

Yeah the spinner back tightens down behind the prop on the motor shaft, you have to hold the screw holes center so that the prop cut-outs (these cut outs are what make these EF spinners worth the few extra bucks! Every other spinner I've had required trimming) in the plastic cone fit, you may even want to off set this during the tightening process, so that once torqued they tighten into alignment.

There are various aluminum collets that come with the 2" and up (they're plastic on the smaller spinners) so that the spinner back fits nicely on the motor shaft. I run Omega, Hacker and Motrolfly and have never had one that didn't fit.

But, there are no required adaptors that screw on the motor shaft and then accept a hex screw from the spinner point like with the TT.